• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

3 to 1 lowmax gears in a 205

04rubi said:
Have talked to JB conversions several times last week and I agree if I was starting from the beginning an atlas would be a simpler plan but since mine already is running a 205 I'm just going to build it. They have several gear sets on hand and already have an order to have the cases made. He said it's just a slow process and will take several months before they are out but I got my name down for one.
how the crap did you do that the lady I talked to wouldn't even take my name down for if and when they did start making them. Just to get an email saying " hey we are making / not making them "

Neal3000 said:
What if you need a part for one and Lomax just says **** you, were not making any this year?

The only LoMax parts in the case are the gears and the case. If you **** up either you need a whole new t-case anyway. At that point if LoMax's weren't in stock you could go Atlas or stock 205. Virtually any other part in the case is stock NP205 **** that you can get out of any junkyard t-case. So if you **** up anything Lo_max you're in the same spot as if you ****ed up an Atlas. But you're more likely to **** the Atlas up in the first place IMO.

But if you ****ing break an atlas they will ****ing mail you the ****ing part the next day, and they have a lifetime ****ing warranty.

Neal3000 said:
But if you ****ing break an atlas they will ****ing mail you the ****ing part the next day, and they have a lifetime ****ing warranty.

Every part in the Atlas is unique to AA. You can keep a $150 spare NP205 and replace anything but the gears and case at will. Since when did Atlas have a lifetime warranty? I've never heard of anyone getting free replacement parts on an Atlas that broke. AA prefers the end-user not to even work on the cases. If you change transmissions and need something as simple as a new input they'll tell you to send the entire case back for repair or buy a new one.

Atlas Assemblies: Atlas transfer cases are guaranteed against defects in workmanship and materials for the life of the original purchaser and is non-transferable. This lifetime guarantee covers and is limited to gear sets and castings. The remainder of the unit (i.e. shafts, bearings, gaskets, hardware) is covered by our limited 1-year warranty. Warranty begins from the date the unit is shipped from Advance Adapters.

I wouldn't call stripped gears or cracked case a factory defect. Have you ever heard of anyone who did that getting a free replacement case? I haven't.

Also note that that warranty is non-transferable from the original purchaser, so that takes the used Atlas out of this equation. We're now comparing new to new pricing.

patooyee said:
I wouldn't call stripped gears or cracked case a factory defect. Have you ever heard of anyone who did that getting a free replacement case? I haven't.

Also note that that warranty is non-transferable from the original purchaser, so that takes the used Atlas out of this equation. We're now comparing new to new pricing.

Yeah i don't know how hard it is to warranty one, seems like you could blame a cracked case or broken gears on a materials defect? Hold on let me go talk to somebody thats broke one..........crickets

Neal3000 said:
Yeah i don't know how hard it is to warranty one, seems like you could blame a cracked case or broken gears on a materials defect? Hold on let me go talk to somebody thats broke one..........crickets

TC, Bobby Tanner, and a couple others did and I know they have Heros or straight drives now. Maybe they just got tired of installing replace-a-cases and bit the bullet? I don't recall hearing that AA was replacing those cases for free. I'm not exactly in the loop though.

patooyee said:
TC, Bobby Tanner, and a couple others did and I know they have Heros or straight drives now. Maybe they just got tired of installing replace-a-cases and bit the bullet? I don't recall hearing that AA was replacing those cases for free. I'm not exactly in the loop though.
You break stuff racing and some companies will laugh at you no matter what the warranty. Especially if you break it more than once

The old purple jeep broke a rear output on atlas and that was just a 6.0 t350 3.8 atlas took a month to get we one. This was back in 2007

Atlas brings the bling and drops fawking panties, Lomax has been known to cause testicular cancer, and in some extreme cases transform former men's penis's into vagina's :****:

Neal3000 said:
Atlas brings the bling and drops fawking panties, Lomax has been known to cause testicular cancer, and in some extreme cases transform former men's penis's into vagina's :****:

Finally some reliable data!

Lomax was actually developed by a consortium of Nazi- Communist Queers (yes thesame ones that control Obama) who are hellbent on the complete pussification of American

Fwiw I recently decided to go with the lomax because my stuff is already set up for a 205. As long as I can get the case together it should be a simple swap with the bonus of fixing my leaky 205. Hoping to come out cheaper by around $1k than if I had went with an atlas. Running mfi 4.3l 465/205 with 4.56s. Also atlas is way to bling for this beast.

7ACFB69B-278B-4117-A155-73639E3381FA_zpsci3l72tl.jpg