• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

345 v8 international

looking at putting a propane system ,anybody know were and how

• were

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • how

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
You might try going on Extreme 4x4's website (the tv show) I seem to recall them doing propane on a binder a while back.

Old "friend" has one is his turd...I mean Scout. Added TBI from chebby parts. Good running motor, tourqey as hell. HEAVY, but hey it's IH, what isn't heavy on it?

If my old guy memory hasn't failed me, that motor uses a small block chevy distributor. add an adaptor for the throttle body and you could have fuel injection on the cheap.

PsDad said:
If my old guy memory hasn't failed me, that motor uses a small block chevy distributor. add an adaptor for the throttle body and you could have fuel injection on the cheap.
You may be right. I thought Todd converted his to HEI, but could be wrong.

They made a 4 barrel intake for those, so it would be just like putting it on a chevy. I ran a truck avenger on my old scout buggie and you couldn't kill it standing it up or drowning it.We finally drained all the oil and water out of it and tried to blow it up after it started smoking and it wouldn't die ran it on the floor for 4 minutes.

If you have a 4 barrell intake and a 4 barrell carb baseplate to use all you need is the mixer, converter, some hose, a special 1 inch line to carry the propane from the converter to the mixer and some extra heater hose to plumb the converter. It's pretty simple. Oh yeah you need an emergency inline shut off valve. I bought the mixer and converter from a local forklift place and got the rest from a place in Texas that specializes in converting gasoline engines to propane. I googled them up with a search for parts. Good luck.

My rig has a 345 with TBI from a 91 Suburban in it. I didn't install it, because it was on the rig when I bought it, but it works pretty well. I would imagine if the TBI from a Chevy will work, the LP kit for a Chevy can be modded to work.

We can put a kit together for you. We are in the conversion business. Call me. Buddy@Precision Sales & Service 877-403-7827