• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

International MaxxForce 13 yay or nay?

money_pit_yj

I am looking to replace a truck out of budget (so cost is a huge factor). I can have a later model ProStar Daycab with the MaxxForce motor with less than 200k miles AND have it deleted for less than $25K. Any of you truckers have any input on the reliability post delete? It is a high idle time truck which worries me with this motor. What says Hardline?

IMO junk engine. Have seen multiple issues front front structure leaks with 130k miles to oil consumption within 100k miles. But this is also a big rig being used everyday. It's kind of a cat knock off engine if that makes sense. But I personally haven't seen a lot of break downs with low mileage. Just issues.

I have been in the plant at Huntsville some blocks are black and some are yellow. Navistar built the Cat truck. Don't know how you can make a IH worse but they did.

It's crazy, there is a huge price difference between 10-13 and other models. Lucky for me I don't make the decision, the store manager does, I just work the deal and buy the truck. We both want to gamble and see if we can get in a truck $20k cheaper than other locations. It's almost a win win, if the truck has problems it will be no different than the other crap we drive but if it goes well and we saved a ton of money, we might get a dozen donuts or something nice.