• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

3rd Annual Twin Lakes (Whatcom County) Snow Run! (TBD)

japerry

3rd Annual Twin Lakes (Whatcom County) Snow Run! (CHANGED! NOV 20)

It looks like this week we will be seeing the first sign of snow above 4500'. That means the Whatcom County twin lakes snow run is coming soon!

Requirements?
Tires with GOOD tread / works in the snow
at least one locker
food
sled? snowboard for the kids? its a fun ride down if you're a passenger!

We will be aiming to get up there before the snow becomes unbearable, which could be in two weeks or two months. I'll post up the date 1 week before we go!

Edit: the trip will be November 20th.

Last year: November 14th. 2 Years ago: December 15th.

Meet up at Bob's Burger and Brew in Sumas, WA at 7:30am for breakfast... 9am at the ranger station in Glacier if you don't wanna come that far north.

Last edited:
Photos from previous years:
main.php

main.php

main.php

main.php

Last edited:
Yup! there are two spots with plenty of parking, we'll probably aim for the one up the road, unless there is snow down low.

Hell ya. I will have to make sure to not break my s*** this weekend at elbe. I have not been out in the snow for 2 years

Pffftttt run requirements suck. I'm open/open on 31's and have run in the snow runs numerous times and got stuck a lot less that all the fancy locked big tire testosterone ridden, skill less, just romp the friggin skinny pedal drivers.. Guess I should go out and buy a fancy built rig then I could play huh?

:awesomework:

Pffftttt run requirements suck. I'm open/open on 31's and have run in the snow runs numerous times and got stuck a lot less that all the fancy locked big tire testosterone ridden, skill less, just romp the friggin skinny pedal drivers.. Guess I should go out and buy a fancy built rig then I could play huh?

Hmmmm....:scratchhead:
l_7e494fc8521a462b894e665213eb47de.jpg

.:fawkdancesmiley::haha:

I'm in long as its Thanksgiving Week! I'll weld my rearend up an try to get my front locker installed.:D

Due to the fact that I have the minimum tire size, dose that mean I get to bring my chains........:stirpot:

Believe me, I know! I've had it since spring break!:rolleyes: This summer, I wheeled instead of upgrading my rig, this summers gonna be the opposite hopefully.:stirpot:

Did you get the wrong one handled, or are you just gonna weld the rear???

Did you get the wrong one handled, or are you just gonna weld the rear???

Just gonna weld the rear (fozzy lock it) That way, if I actually decide to get a locker down the road, I can just throw it in there (detriots use the stock carrier) or get new sidegears (lockright) I shoulda just said **** it, and had you weld it when we had it appart, but thus, I didn't.

I still need to figure out what that other locker is so I can sell it, I waited to long and can't do a dispute on paypal.:mad:

Once I sell it, I can put that money towards other upgrades like longarmin the rear, or more importantly, a winch!

.... I shoulda just said **** it, and had you weld it when we had it appart, but thus, I didn't.

I still need to figure out what that other locker is so I can sell it, I waited to long and can't do a dispute on paypal.:mad:

Once I sell it, I can put that money towards a winch!
I think we talked about welding it, but you didn't want to just yet...
Aaaannnd, Fixed!:redneck:

What about small tire'd throttle jokeys? We're the worst. We DESTROY trails with our small tires and open/open diffs. We're the bain of the wheeling community.:haha:

I think we talked about welding it, but you didn't want to just yet...
Aaaannnd, Fixed!:redneck:

Yea, Shoulda just done it. As they say, hind site is twenty-twenty.:mad:

I'll have to keep this one on the calendar, it'll be good to run w/ some of you northenders as I hope to be there soon enough...already have a house west of Anacortes, just a matter of moving there permanently

I'll have to keep this one on the calendar, it'll be good to run w/ some of you northenders as I hope to be there soon enough...already have a house west of Anacortes, just a matter of moving there permanently

We're for the most part, good people.:redneck::haha: