• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

4.3 vortec in a 95 s10 blazer

No unless your TB intake has vertical mounting bolt holes.

All this is available on the Internet.....cheater :)

I will check on all of it. I would not have to go this route but I am tired of trying to figure out why I have no power even after I flashed cpu. all I did was swap tranny to a turbo 350 and transfercase to a np205

hp loss. the cpu reads missing tranny and transfercase. replaced the 95 model cpu and used a 96 cpu to be able to flash it because 95 model is between obd1 and obd2 and wasn't able to flash the 95 model cpu. hp was great for a few days then it went to what seems to be half hp again. so far I can only think the spider took a ****.

Put a fuel pressure gauge on it. Key motor check pressure. If it's leaking down and miss firing at startup then I would say spider took a ****.

If it has the cpi injection you can swap a tbi onto it. If it is a mpfi 96+ I am not sure. Usually the cpi cam is a little hotter than a tbi so I think it is a nice upgrade when a tin engine takes a dump.

Also might try a 92 computer from a s10 blazer that came with cup. 92 was last year to get a 700r4 or equivalent that did not use computer to control shifting.

mikeparker said:
Also might try a 92 computer from a s10 blazer that came with cup. 92 was last year to get a 700r4 or equivalent that did not use computer to control shifting.

X2. My boss's blazer is a 92 CPI that had a 700r4. He swapped in a th400 and atlas no problem.

Make sure you match your tourqe converter also (including the spacing to the flex plate). There can be major power loss, trans not being able to shift, etc. if the pump isn't able to operate correctly...

I run a 95 cpi in my samurai. It flat runs when it has the correct fuel pressure. No problems with the cpu running a th350 instead of the 4l60e. What fuel pump are u running?