• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

4.3 vortec in a 95 s10 blazer

If you have a 95 cpi engine I would think a factory 92 computer "should" hook and go. The thing is in 95 gm had a half breed computer some obd 1 and some obd 2. I think the hook ups are the same but not positive. I know if the engine goes down you can replace with 92-95 as long as it has the cpi or go older and swap your cpi stuff onto long block.

After thinking about it I think gm had a separate small computer attached to the back of the 93-94s to control the transmission. It was a easily removable piece if I remember correctly. I am unsure on the 95 since that was the first year the blazer would have the computer under the hood.

Re: Re: Re: 4.3 vortec in a 95 s10 blazer

chrisf5651 said:
TBltoy, so I don't have to change distributor or anything except the 96 cpu to a 92 cpu?

I have no idea, never messed with a 4.3 cpi. The rig I referred to is a 92 model so it's all factory

chrisf5651 said:
TBltoy, so I don't have to change distributor or anything except the 96 cpu to a 92 cpu?

I'm no expert but as long as the distributor is a factory 95 cpi it should allow you to just swap cpu's. As I stated before don't know if there is a difference in a 95/96cpu plug and a 94/older. If you have access to a pinout for a 95+ cpu compare it to pinout of a 92-94.