• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

4.7:1 gears for toyota?

oldbeercans

so just a quick question. do you really need to run 4.7:1 gears in a toyota dual case setup or is two stock geared cases good enough? just wondering if anyone has tried the dual cases with stock gearing and what they think. i run 5.29s in the diffs and run 35" tires at the moment. hate to spend the extra 300-400 bucks if i dont need them. :cool:

It will make a big difference. Not needed but if you do the duals might as well go all the way.

so just a quick question. do you really need to run 4.7:1 gears in a toyota dual case setup or is two stock geared cases good enough? just wondering if anyone has tried the dual cases with stock gearing and what they think. i run 5.29s in the diffs and run 35" tires at the moment. hate to spend the extra 300-400 bucks if i dont need them. :cool:

if you plan on sticking with 35's then stock duals is plenty low:awesomework: right around 110. 1 and that is plenty low

but of course 220.1 is nice to:D :corn:

You should be OK! If your just gonna buy the adapter, to mate two stock cases together, go for it! But if your gonna buy a new reduction case and the adapter, then go for the 4.7. The cases have to be clearanced for the gears. Thats how I would make my decision.

Talk to Odie, he's always got some 4.7 gears and case for sale.

I have both. You can get away with just duals, but having the 4.7's in the second case are a nice option when doing technical crawling.

Hmm... I have a crawlbox, a topshift case, a set of 4.7's and an extra forward shift case that are all 23 spline. I think that my 244:1 (4.31x2.28x4.7x5.29) will be low enough.

I had dual cases and a 4 2 1 t-case gear and 5.29's(192 to 1??) and it could actually torque the motor at times. More than not it just revved and barely moved.

buying a clearenced case is a waste of money.. spend 20 minutes with an air grinder or a die grinder... i loved my dual with 4.7 and 40's but really it's over kill in the NW, i have rarely needed or used 1st gear double low mostly third gear in double low.. you will be happy either way,

i plan on hitting moab when im ready, if its still open. i also have a spare top shift case and i think i will just run the duals stock for now, then when i think i need more ill put 4.7s in my spare and put it in the truck. with 35s and 5.29for now i think ill be good. the last thing i need right now is to spend the extra cash on something i will never need to use.