• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

4" LED lights /corners

Putting on LED tailights and diamond plated corners.

When I hook up the LED everything works.. Tailights brake lights and blinker, until I go to turn the blinker on while the tailights are running.

The tail light over powers the blinker and it stops blinking.

Clearly wiring is not my thing...

Any advice?

3 wire.. Red White Black.

The wires coming out of my tj are black/yellow and red/brown.

Seeing as I couldn't figure it out I hooked my factory ones back up.. and they did the same thing (the headlights over powered the blinker) but once I put them back in they worked like normal (because it was ground through the threaded holes once I screwed them back in)

Will this work the same with my LED? its plastic so I didnt think so, but didn't have time to try it.

The new lights have three wires

Tail marker (low wattage red)
Brake / Blinker (high wattage red)
Ground (ground)

Have you connected the ground wire? Just run the ground wire to a good ground on the frame, make sure to use a star washer to ensure good connectivity.

Also, with LED lights, there are sometimes issues with the rapidness of the blinking if you change all of the lights on the circuit to LEDs.

I had my ground aligator clipped to my exhaust and sanded it down to make sure it would grab.

When I did my tube flares I went in and cut the Bulb out indicator on the circuit board so they blink fine now.

WHITE = GROUND MAKE SHURE GROUND IS SCREWD TO THE FRAME THAT SHOULD FIX THE PROBLEM

RED = TURN

BLACK = TAIL

LED LIGHTS NEED VERRY GOOD GROUND OR THEY DONT WORK RIGHT:awesomework:

I had my ground aligator clipped to my exhaust and sanded it down to make sure it would grab.

When I did my tube flares I went in and cut the Bulb out indicator on the circuit board so they blink fine now.

Exhaust is insulated from the frame by the exhaust hangers, and is often insulated from the engine by the exhaust gasket.

Try again with the wire well connected to the frame.

Because LED lights draw much less power than and incandecent bulb you they are not drawing enugh power to heat up the metal in the blinker relay and cause the connection to break.

Invest in a digital blinker relay and everything will work correctly again. You may need to do it for the hazards also as you will see the same issue there.