• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

4 linking my yota buggy

where in paulding you live? i live in paulding and im thinkin about doing the same to mine and would like to help and learn along with someone close by.

Im no way by any means an expert or have a mass amount of knowledge on linking a rig,but i helped a friend link the rear of his rig about 2 months ago and one bit of advise that we took from a guy on here and on Pirate was we made the uppers 2 inches longer than the lowers and it did exactly what he said it would. It helped to point the diff up in droop travel and helped with the castor.

I plan on doing the same thing whenever i get the balls to cut the frame off. Wish i could give you more but im in the same boat. Still learning and still reading a ton of info on it.

MikeW74 said:
Im no way by any means an expert or have a mass amount of knowledge on linking a rig,but i helped a friend link the rear of his rig about 2 months ago and one bit of advise that we took from a guy on here and on Pirate was we made the uppers 2 inches longer than the lowers and it did exactly what he said it would. It helped to point the diff up in droop travel and helped with the castor.

I plan on doing the same thing whenever i get the balls to cut the frame off. Wish i could give you more but im in the same boat. Still learning and still reading a ton of info on it.

I would like to know what it did for the anti squat #s and if it had any axle steer?

I never ran the numbers through the calc myself,my buddy did he knows more about that stuff than i do. i did call him and ask to give me the notes for when we did all that so i will post them as soon as he sends them.
The front is not linked yet so it's sorta like riding a wet noodle in a sharp curve at 100 mph at the moment.

I sound like a nut swinger,but the person i took the advise about the lengths of the uppers is pretty good at this and has built some nice rigs.
Im not saying he is 100% right and i have read where it's exactly the opposite of what he does. Like i said we are still learning and thats 75% of the reason im on hardline is to gain knowledge.

This was our first attempt at linking a rig so im sure there is a hell of alot of room for improvment.

The longer top link can make anti squat get weird on droop.

But it works especially well in the front to keep pinion angle in check.

Hey man. Your close to where I live. Like 15 min I'm in villa rica . Close. Holler at me, 4048892714. Casey. Shoot me a text anytime. Chances are I'm in garage workin on somthing. I'm no mechanic but have studied and built my rig, any help I can be I'm down. :dblthumb:

clemsonjeep said:
Yep...try not to get brainwashed by obtaining lots of flex or that air shocks dont work. Just spend some quality time researching link setups with air shocks that work. Looking at pictures and reading after thoughts is great. I bought my 2.0 Fox shocks from Down South Motorsports because they had the best price AND they included a free tune on them. In other words I told them what i was going to use them for and some details about my vehicle and they changed up the valving and oil level to better suit me. Could i tune them further...sure...but do they work great as is...yep.

If your rig is at or above the 4000lb mark id probably step up to 2.5 shocks though. Mine is sub 3000lbs.

Keeping links as close to parallel to the ground at ride height is very important...but not an absolute. Nothing is absolute...but everything has a give and take aspect. Just gotta figure out what gives you the most benefits that you want and stick with it.

^ true ****. Went RIDIN not to long ago with a guy that had some air shocks on a Sammy, piper may have pics of the rig.. Lemme tell u that Fawker was like a mountain goat. I did talk to him and he said it sucked until he put THA sway bar on, was very impressed with all the rigs that were with us...