• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

4 wheeler for a 5 yr old.

onepieceatatime

I like turtles...
Got a good friend who wants to buy her daughter a four wheeler for her 5th birthday. Im hoping to help her with some advice and finding one but since I dont have kids that age or anything I figured I would get some of you parents on here to point me in the right direction on what kind you get for a 5 yr old.

I bought my daughter a Kazuma with a remote kill when she was 4 and she road till she was 8 then we bought a 150. It seemed to be a pretty good four wheeler for a beginner

Polaris outlaw 50 is what my Little brother started out on. It was a good one but he outgrew it pretty fast but it's not very fast either good starter Quad plus its auto :dblthumb:

Depends on how much they want to spend.

You could buy a name brand and spend more money but have dealer support and easier access to parts. Honda, Suzuki, Kawasaki, Yamaha are easy to get parts for.

Or spend less money on a brand new off-brand and have a throw away model. Some parts from the name brands will swap over but other stuff won't. In my area they sell like crazy but parts service is kinda hit and miss.

I was trying to sell a Suzuki LT-50 a couple of years ago. It was about 6 years old and what I was asking for it was a very fair price but people would say "Why spend that when I can get a brand new Yamoto for $200 less?" The off brands killed the resale value of small ATV's.

I've seen the cheaper ones break down in about a year of use. Letting them sit with the ethanol gas is one of the worst things you can do IMO. If she can get a better quality one for a decent price I would go that route.

SUZUKI LT80 IS THE ONLY KIDS ATV TO BUY. THEY ARE BULLET PROOF. BOTH MY KIDS HAD THEM. ALL THEY REQUIRE IS THE BASIC MAINTENANCE AND THEY WILL LAST FOREVER... THOSE CHINESE ATVS WILL DO GOOD TO LAST 6 MONTHS TO A YEAR. AND THEN GOOD LUCK GETTING SOMEONE TO WORK ON IT LET ALONE FINDING PARTS!!!! :****:

fordcontraption01 said:
I got our kids a rzr 170 and they ride the **** out of it and its tough I take it up big hills and banks myself :****:

I don't have kids....But I think this is what I'd do. A simple block under the gas pedal to limit speed, harnesses, helmet and an exo-cage with good bumpers. Be safe as hell....With lots of room for growth. Seems like a good idea anyway..... :dunno: 8)

KFX 50. Done been through 1 of mine and the 5 year old workin on it now. Doesn't go fast enough to be real dangerous and has a electric and kick start. Never done a thing to it and it has 2 governers so you can take them out as they get used to it. Youngest one turned her gokart over this weekend and stuck her arm out and broke it. All the years they have had the 50 no kid has been able to turn it over.

Draco said:
I don't have kids....But I think this is what I'd do. A simple block under the gas pedal to limit speed, harnesses, helmet and an exo-cage with good bumpers. Be safe as hell....With lots of room for growth. Seems like a good idea anyway..... :dunno: 8)
you don't even have to do that it's got a throttle stop screw built in just adjust and that's all you get ours also has the big wheel kit and a soft top and front bumper pretty much all the options and like I said I'm 210 and it does very good pulling me around anywhere and they will grow into it and it kinda gives em early driving skills

I got a polaris predator 50. for sale. I'll take 800 for it it is 2005. Red in great shape try to get pics soon

Safer and cheaper!
800px-Suzuki_Samurai_SJ410_photographed_in_S%C3%A9rres,_Greece.jpg

:dblthumb:

fordcontraption01 said:
you don't even have to do that it's got a throttle stop screw built in just adjust and that's all you get ours also has the big wheel kit and a soft top and front bumper pretty much all the options and like I said I'm 210 and it does very good pulling me around anywhere and they will grow into it and it kinda gives em early driving skills

Even better! :dblthumb:

My nephew climbs all over anything with an engine. (he's 2) He gets a little bigger...Gonna piss off my brother. :driving: :****:

I chose to start both of my kids on PW50 dirtbikes. The PW's are small, slow and safe, and you can get training wheels for them if need be. The reason I chose a dirtbike over an ATV was that the bike will teach them better balance, and respect for machine. With a quad, its very easy for them to ride over their head, and have the quad end up on top of them. With the dirtbike, it will usually not allow them to exceed their skill limit before it puts them on the ground, and they will learn limits, and develop riding skills much sooner. The other great thing about the dirtbikes is they haven't been hit with the flood of chinese bikes so they keep their resale value.

542895_3643754145281_1996740212_n.jpg