• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired 425 pane mixer

lowbudgetbowtie

Looking for one if anybody has a used one or knows a good place to get one cheap
It's going on a carbed 4.3 if you have any other parts that i could use I would appreciate a heads up
6o1-672-2two48 or pm is good
Thanks

You might want to look closely at any used 425 mixer before buying one. The mixer housing is prone to wear out where the air valve slides inside the cone shaped piece below the air valve. You will find more wear in mixers that came off on-highway vehicles. The air valve only has about .003 clearance in a new mixer so if you can take the air valve and move it sideways in the housing that is not a good sign.

A mixer that is worn out will cause hard starting and a rough idle that cannot be adjusted out and generally be very aggravating.

I will not sell used 425 mixers for those reasons. Years ago Impco made that mixer with a bushing where that wear occurs but were not selling enough mixers because they didn't wear out. They removed that bushing and sales went up.

The 300a mixer or the OHG X450 do not have that problem.

We have had a lot of guys come to the shop to dial in their engines and find they had bought used mixers that were worn out and we could not tune them properly. The reason for telling you this is I don't like to see anybody waste their money. I have had trucks come to the shop for a tune up and after we cleaned the dirt out of the mixer the engine would not start because the dirt was filling in the wear in the housing.

If you are interested in a new one or if I can help you in any way let me know.

Buddy Gamel
Precision Sales & Service, Inc.
451 64th Place South
Birmingham, Ala. 35212

877-403-7827
205-591-2267, fax

[email protected]
[email protected]
www.alternatefuel.com
www.workhorseservice.com