• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

47 LTB sticky, hmmmm

halcat

I have never owned a 47 LTB but most people don't have much good things to say about then. Why? They are the same tread pattern as the sx, or close. They appear to be to hard. If I was to call TSL and ask them how much would it cost to pour sticky rubber in a LTB mold what would you guys think? Do you think they would consider it? what might it cost. Is it the center ribs that don't let them flex? I guess I should ask is LTB even an Interco tire? Anybody care to comment?

I think if they were willing to make a run of 42.5 sticky boggers, then they would make the LTBs also (maybe, not sure where the LTB is make now. The last set I had was made in China...)

They would probably be the most badass tire ever molded and would replace the 43SX for all the super rock bouncer hill racer crowd.

Those cut up 47s that were on the Hill Killer buggy seemed to work pretty good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EsPowell said:

They were definitely on DIG but I wouldn't say they worked very good, especially compared to a 43SX sticky

If they made a sticky 47 the price on used rocks would be going up!! :****:

EsPowell said:

That is the only set of 47s that is worth a ****, the rest are garbage. I used to have some on my old Jeep and they sucked wouldn't climb a curb if it was wet.

halcat said:
I If I was to call TSL and ask them how much would it cost to pour sticky rubber in a LTB mold what would you guys think?

Haha, I wish it was easy as pouring rubber into a mold :****:

Cole said:
That is the only set of 47s that is worth a ****, the rest are garbage. I used to have some on my old Jeep and they sucked wouldn't climb a curb if it was wet.

Haha, I wish it was easy as pouring rubber into a mold :****:

Wut!?

You mean making tires isn't basically the same process as making ice cubes? laughing1

I went from a 46 Mickey to a 44 tsi and they beat me to death they didn't flex like the, every other cutoff lug, mickeys. Went to 43 stickies and got a much smother ride. I want, repeat, want a smooth ride. Nobody has said why the LTB is bad. Is the ply to much? Would sticky rubber not help? WOD built my buggy back in 06,when rigs set a little higher and people wanted a taller tire. My rig would look great with a 47 inch tire. With rock wells I can't let it down. But the 43 stickies are so bad ass, I won't change without another sticky tire. I watched a s10 beat on the ledges at wheelin for thirty minutes with 47 LTB's and never got close. I went the first try with 44 TSL's so I know they don't seem to work very well, I just don't know why.

Compound is garbage on LTBs for rocks.

The giant fist size tread looks like it should hook up, but they don't. Even the smaller sizes don't work "that" well.

Also, the giant tread makes the tire very stiff.

I think there's a comment somewhere in a recent thread where they said that the LTB is the only tire Intercontinental can't make into a sticky because of where it's manufactured. I know the question came up because I thought sticky 40" LTBS would be badass.

Unless its changed recently (I haven't looked since I bought patooyee's LTB's a few years ago) the 47's havent been produced in 5-6yrs now

I think it is a combination of a lot of things... iron tread compound, stiffening ridges around the sidewall, and the stupid Irok shaped chevrons... If you TSL'd up the center tread and grooved the rings off the sidewalls I know they would have to flex better

TBItoy said:
Compound is garbage on LTBs for rocks.

The giant fist size tread looks like it should hook up, but they don't. Even the smaller sizes don't work "that" well.

Also, the giant tread makes the tire very stiff.

This.

I think the swampers made in china are made from whatever crap rubber compound they have left over from other tires, log skidders, rock trucks, forklifts, etc.

Latest posts