• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

49" Irocs vs 44" Pitbulls on rockwells

5thGen

I have a buggy on rockwells currently running 49" Irocs. I want to make this buggy a bit faster in the trails between obstacles. It has a 350 with a 350 trans. It already had 203/205 twin stick transfer case. What can I do to make this better on main trails? I have though about pulling out the doubler and going a 205 only. Change to 44" pitbulls as well because most trails are just point and shoot. The challenge has been diminished with the 49's. Any advice would be great as this is my first buggy and I am getting a lot of contradicting advice from my Jeep group that really doesn't know enough bout this set up.

rocks may not need a doubler but you could keep the doubler for slow crawling creeks and stuff like that. i run a 203/205 with 4.88 gears and 43s and love it. i run the doubler on slow trials to keep from being in my converter all the time and keep trannt temps down and on the fun stuff i just run the 205 in low for wheel speed. i like it

Just because you have the doubler doesn't mean you have to use it.

Personally I'd drop to a narrower tire like a 43 sx or 42 Trep.

Also get your steering and suspension dialed and capable of quick driving. Most older crawler builds have sluggish steering and rough suspension because they were built solely as crawlers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pics of said rig?

I wish "the challenge has been diminished" with mine.

And I agree with Nick, 43sx on a rockwelled rig is the way to go.

Welcome to Hardline BTW

More power. You can run any gear you want. I have rocks, a doubler and a big block. I run medium and high range most of the time. Like nick said, steering. I changed to a hyd. Surplus doublended ram and can blast the trail. ( well blast for me anyway)

I don't know about your area, but pit Bulls bring the suck in mine.. weak ass sidewalls tear all the time