• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

4BT swap

Sandtrap1986

Anybody done the swap or know someone who has. Any pointers? advice? My brother has been saving up a bunch of cash and is thinking going this route

Get on Binder Bench or Binder Planet. Several guys there have done it. CSmith on Binder Bench has done a couple. They were in Scout II's, but basics will be the same.

Dean at Bent Metal Customs in Puyallup is doing one in a Toyota Tacoma. You might be able to stop by and check it out.

For a Toy, yeah they're heavy...for a Dodge, it's no heavier than the big block that's in it...:redneck:

boss is doing one in his lawn mower (sled puller) we have one sitting on the shop floor right now, but might just wind up picking one up from industrial injection...

i heard theres a scrap yard on the south end that has tons of old bread vans that have 4bt's with 465, and various autos... getting one with an inline (p7100) pump is generaly prefered over the rotory (ve) pump. there are some common rail ones out there if ya want the coolest version...

My cousin built a 79 Bronco with a turned up 4bt, a 4spd, a Ranger overdrive, 3.55 gears, and 38" tires ... It's bad ass, and it gets 30+ mpg .. But it isn't fast... Its his hunting rig... He has his other twin turbo 12 v standard cab short box for fast :D

My cousin built a 79 Bronco with a turned up 4bt, a 4spd, a Ranger overdrive, 3.55 gears, and 38" tires ... It's bad ass, and it gets 30+ mpg .. But it isn't fast... Its his hunting rig... He has his other twin turbo 12 v standard cab short box for fast :D

Pimp! Pics?