• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

4t60-e shifter?

skipnrocks

I can't seem to find an aftermarket floor shifter for this. It came in a Buick that I'm using in a kids rear engine buggy. Will any four speed shifter work?

SBJeepn said:
That's neat too. But I see the options for the 4l60. But not the 4t 60. Are they simular enough?

I'd imagine you'll be building custom bracketry to hold the shift cable, maybe not. Otherwise it shouldn't be that big a deal compared to any other transmission.

looks pretty easy to build a bracket to hold whatever type of shifter you buy. Any 4 speed shifter should work. Might have to adjust the shifter linkage length to hit the detents just right.

ADCP03249.JPG

SBJeepn said:
That's neat too. But I see the options for the 4l60. But not the 4t 60. Are they simular enough?

Should be all the same. T is just traverse, L is just longitudinal.

The rad designs shifter adds electronic full manual control for shifting onto a winters shifter.

I tried integrating the RAD shifter with my 4t65e and it didn't work no matter what i tried the trans went into limp mode... maybe someone else will have better luck.

zjtrey said:
I tried integrating the RAD shifter with my 4t65e and it didn't work no matter what i tried the trans went into limp mode... maybe someone else will have better luck.

Dang that sucks.

Had you disconnected the 4t65 wiring from the engine wiring and ECU?

There was a very detailed thread somewhere about how to tap into the correct wires for full manual control of the 4t65. Being that it's completely electronically shifted similar to aw4, 4l60, a340, etc it should need cable for prnd321, but the solenoids/micro switches control the actual shifting.

i have seen this momentary switch that shifts trans on buggys, but I cannot find tech thread on how it is done. I have a sc3800 and 4t65e transaxle in buggy and been trying to find info on electronic shifter by using the soleinoids