• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

4wd clunk

BROKEN-WRANGLER

ok so i have a clunk in my 4wd system. i have a 92 jeep wrangler, with a sye and 5.25 inch of lift. so what it is doing is its acting like it falls out of 4wd and pops right back in. almost like it is slipping, but it will only do it when im in 4wd. i first though it was the tcase so i removed my driveline and drove around, but there was no clunk so i figured that, that wasnt it. so then i traced all my vaccum hoses and found a small leak with hope that it would fix it. nope no good. so then i pulled the vaccum actuator off the front axle and under thurough inspection discovered it was in working order. i need some input please

thanks

josh

A used t-case for parts?

Why would you go through the trouble of changing the chain, and other components, that could be just as worn out?

Put a new chain in it.

I would also check the shift work mechanism in the front end. I had the same problem with mine it kept going in and out of 4 wheel drive and was making that horrid clunking sound. my vacuum set up was working fine also but it seemed like the low pressure system was just not enough. That vacuum system is real low pressure like 3-4 PSI.

I finally converted it to a cable actuator which cost me about 15 bucks. The benefits to doing this is that you then have 2wd low and also it locks in and out of 4wd alot faster.

Go to the link below it shows how to convert it over to the cable, i would def. reccommend this. :awesomework: :beer:

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=595515

Latest posts