• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

4x6 Bandsaws

mrdrinksalil

So I finaly got a bandsaw. So tierd of cleaning up after the chop saw. Got the el cheapo Harbor Freight unit. It took me several hours of tweaking the Harbor Freight out of it, but I think its cutting as good as its going to. I put a different bimetal blade on it and at 200FPS (fastest blade speed setting) and a little added weight for down pressure I can cut through a piece of 1 3/4 .120wall DOM in 28 seconds. With just the weight of the saw it's like 2 min. Does this sound about right? Anyone else have a bandsaw and wanna test what it takes to cut a piece of the same tubing?

Hey guys our local Lowe,s have cold cut saws for 299 .00 with 80.00 replacement blades . I have made hundreds of cuts with the first blade . about 3 sec / cut :****:

crosseyed cat said:
Hey guys our local Lowe,s have cold cut saws for 299 .00 with 80.00 replacement blades . I have made hundreds of cuts with the first blade . about 3 sec / cut :****:

did you get the metal cutting saw or the multi pupose one? The metal cutting one is listed here for $349 the multi still using a non abbrasive blade is $299 thanks for the heads up.

Latest posts