• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

5.0 headers or stock manifolds

Toyotanut

will eventually be putting a 5.0 in the rig and was wondering if I should keep the stock exhaust manifolds or use headers. If hearders what brand?

I have some summit block huggers if ya run into room issues, But i think the stockers would work best 4 ya. 94-95 headers arnt kinked as bad as the earlier ones.

Don't think I'll run into room issues since I'm hoping to be cutting everything off at the firewall and redoing the front end, but we will see.

Mauler, got tranny q's for you will be sending a pm

Stock 289 HiPo or 351W are the best flowing factory cast manifolds. Mustang tubulars would work well... but if you're narrow framed like me the right bank dumps into the frame rail.. 94/95 are more of a "log" style and fit narrow frames better. The cast "log" style used in passenger cars and trucks flow like ass but fit the best unless you have the motor tight to the firewall.

The factory "headers" are some kinked up non-flowing piles of ****... spend the 150 bucks and buy some shorty headers for it... Summit Brand, BBK, etc...

nevermind that then, i'm trying to find some headers that will work with ported heads. maybe i can get those summit block huggers that Bunk has to work.