5.3 Oil Pan Kevco or Fbody LS1??

What oil pans are everyone running on their truck LS motors

• F body LS1

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Kevco

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters

bluzuk80

My new buggy has a truck 5.3 in it. The oil pan is the lowest point of buggy which is not a good thing. Already busted it on second ride. Is everyone running Kevco and if so which one exactly? Does anyone run the Fbody LS1 pans? Ive heard they lose pressure dont oil good off camber.

i run the 5" deep. so far so good! if you go this route they let you pick which direction you want your oil filter lines to go. i just got them strait down then used the fitting i wanted for a remote filter.

i think with the f body's you still need to run some sort of baffle/ trap door set up. http://www.improvedracing.com/engine-oiling/oil-pan-baffling-c-3_11.html

wizzo said:
i run the 5" deep. so far so good! if you go this route they let you pick which direction you want your oil filter lines to go. i just got them strait down then used the fitting i wanted for a remote filter.

i think with the f body's you still need to run some sort of baffle/ trap door set up. http://www.improvedracing.com/engine-oiling/oil-pan-baffling-c-3_11.html

I did the same thing this guy did, Kevco with fittins straight down.

There is a big write up on Pirate if you care to read. If not. The F-body pan needs a baffle and or accumulator to function properly. The Kevco pans have a baffle to keep oil around the pickup. It's designed for road racing with high G's but in essence it works great for offroading too. I am running the Morosso equivelent as suggested by TOYOTAPARTS (sosbee's offroad) after they have had good success. It seems like a better quality build IMO. Seems to work great the little I have used it. If I see oiling issues I plan to add an accumulator but none of his builds have used an accumulator I don't think and they have been beatin on em' pretty hard.

bluzuk80 said:
Thanks for all the info Im gonna look at the moroso

I've had both and the Kevco is a better unit on the inside for oil control, there are 4 trap doors on the kevco where my moroso only had 1 trap door.

The kevco should protect you at any ange and the moroso really is only designed for front to back oil control

Moroso may make a diamond shaped baffled pan buy I'm not aware of it. :dunno:

For what is' worth I switched from a truck pan to an F-body pan when I built the buggy. With the truck pan I had NO oil issues what so ever!! As soon as I put the C body pan on I started starving for oil. I switched to the Kelvco pan (same depth as the f-body pan) and it made no differance IMO. I had to go to an accumulator to solve the issues.

If I had it to do over again I would just put one of the trap door kits in the f-body pan and run a big accumulator!!

Been running a Kevko pan on my buggy since it was built and haven't had any issues so far. Oil Pressure is always good no matter what angle.

Elliott said:
Will a truck pan with an accumulator work!
I'm just running a truck pan and I've never had an issue with oil pressure. One day I plan on putting an accumulator on it just for some extra security.

Running the 5" deep F body Kevko in 3 motors and never an issue. I plumb it to a Moroso remote filter mounted about valve cover level and plumb it with all -10 lines. Just make dang sure the pickup o-ring is on properly and the tube is seated fully.

I've got a truck pan with accumulator. It is low but I built around it with a sturdy skid plate. It was no lower than the rest of my belly.

J. J.

aint none of 'em silver bullets.

My take is Kevco, Moroso accumulator, good PCV venting and ability to shut it off once you see god. I have foresaken the last part a few times now..... :woody: