• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

5.7 Motor Help & LS Motor Swap Info

Re: 5.7 Motor Help

Matt O. said:
Kelly is that guy close to you in KS? Any plans on coming down here anytime this year. If so I may hit him up. That is good info on the dyno numbers, I think I have found an LS1 intake for free, so I just need rails, TB and injectors of an LS1 also right? Cable of DBW? I have a good cable and pedal setup now that I could reuse with a cable tb.
Those aren't anything special, as a $500 5.3 isn't hard to find. I was just showing you they are out there in mass quantity.
Go cable tb.
yep on the rest of what you need, then miter the water outlet and move those 2 accessories to have link clearance. with a cam and tune you're done.
You will need exhaust work again though......... :flipoff1:

blacksheep10 said:
You will need exhaust work again though......... :flipoff1:

Yeah I can keep my current muffler and ball flange and I know where to go this time... ;D

I am going to start looking for a 5.3, Jimmy can usually keep that pretty cheap. FIgure for about 2k all said and done I could have a killer motor!

FYI the car water pump adn acc. are shorter. So if the measurments you got are from a truck water pump might be worth you while to look up the LS1 pump and you might not have to move anything. And since you got so much room up front you might be able to run the intake backwards and not have to mess with cutting the water pump neck (if you end up using the truck pump). I got a truck %.3 on the stand now. I will take some pics and measurments next time I am in the shop.

Toddy

Thanks Toddy, I think I can run the intake backwards since I have so much room between motor and firewall. That will make things easy. Looks like the WP is my only issue, trying to see if I can run a car WP and a different pully to work with the other truck accessories.

blacksheep10 said:
Ben just put a 5.3 with ls6 cam and springs ($150) on the dyno for tuning and ended up over 400 easily. show me a Gen 1 that will put down over 400 for $1000 with brain work. :flipoff1:

kelly, how much dyno work was done with that setup? 44s on it or street tires? you know that is the same setup I have, so I am curious....plus I have milled heads

My current setup is close to 300 HP and 350 TQ given the mods I have. Jimmy had a good point that a 5.3 with hot cam and tune will not net me much seat of the pants feel for the money I put in it. So I am probably going to turn this into a longer term project and try and build a 6.0 with hot cam, L92 heads and all the goodies. Gonna pick up the car intake parts now and hopefully find a motor in the next few months and just turn it into a learning project and hopefully end up with a killer motor in the end. Thanks for all the input.

If you're going L92 head then a LS1/LS6 intake will not work. Those are cathedral port heads. I want to say that only a LS3/LS7 intake would work on it.

Cubby said:
If you're going L92 head then a LS1/LS6 intake will not work. Those are cathedral port heads. I want to say that only a LS3/LS7 intake would work on it.

Yeah I am going to research it all, I am sure you are right which means I will just have some headwork done to the stock heads. Thanks

i could measure the ls1 in my jeep if you need or can take pics since i am running the intake backwards if that will help. i choose an ls1 over everything else to save just a little more weight than the others. i also have a ls1 longblock out of a wrecked 02 ta that i might sell if you would want it you could pm me for more info

Figure out what you want to run and start looking for the pieces and parts now. Trust me, the parts become a LOT harder to find and a lot more expensive when you actually need them vs when you have the time to sit back and look for them.

EOR MFG said:
How much cheddar you got I take lay a way

thanks mang, that's an awful nice present for me. you really shouldn't have.

seriously though, wtf is that going in?

tonyt said:
thanks mang, that's an awful nice present for me. you really shouldn't have.
seriously though, wtf is that going in?

Nothing, that is the best part! It is just sitting in the corner. ;D

Latest posts