• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

5.7L Vortec

CHASMAN9 said:
Not sure, but I think they are Delk's. All I know is proof is in the puddin. Uncle Bob's UBKON, Adam's personal ride, Lance's ragin machine, etc... If I ever build one again someday, that's what I am doing. :driving: :dblthumb:

Uncle Bobs and Lances motors were built by Delk 6.0 stroker motors. Woodlees motor in his buggy is from Mast Motorsports.

This is the buggie Jimmy Smith built for my brother and it has a 5.7l Vortec in it. It is a very tight fit but it has plenty of power and is bone stock. The buggy only weighs 3660lb so that helped with horsepower. If you do the RamJet cam upgrade make sure that your Vortec has the three saws tooth on the heads so it is the HP version. I had a friend that did the upgrade and he had the regular vortec and it didn't run as good.

Cole said:
Uncle Bobs and Lances motors were built by Delk 6.0 stroker motors. Woodlees motor in his buggy is from Mast Motorsports.

Gotcha, I new he had a good contact for the motors. He priced me one of those badass motors fully installed and it was way cheaper than what I have in mine overall. Like I said, if I had the money to start all over again, I know where where my money would be spent. thumb.gif

Yeah there are tons of different options you can go with on engines and so forth. We have built and tested a variety of them. My dads jeep "Project Low Life" has a 383 stroker in it using the Vortec 350 injection system and it has the ZZ4 crate engine cam in it. That's about the same cam as the Ram Jet. It runs good but the only thing I don't like is it is done. I can not grow any more. The induction won't handle it.

I am a junkie when it comes to a big engine. I love em. You don't have to have one until you have had one. I have went down a few different roads to getting them built. The best bang for the buck of some one starting fresh is to buy a MAST engine. Now I'm only referring to people that set out to have 450 plus horsepower. This is not for people wanting to have just a stock engine. There I would go with a salvaged engine and flash the computer and rock out.

The biggest thing is set out knowing the power you want and stick with that.

Give me a call any time and I'll give ya feed back on all we have done and I can help you make up your mind on what ya want.

Pound for pound all of these engine choices that have been talked about are good ones.

Thanks guys for all the advice. I'm gonna persue the 5.7 vortec. I think I can get as much or more out of it than my LS1 had. I may be wrong but I think it is possibly. Plus my rig should be light, especially if I decide to go with something smaller than 44's.