• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

5 speed jeep ax15 wounting to run a dana 300

will it work

• dana 300

Votes: 3 100.0%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

tennessee_4x4_man

guys got a question can i run a dana 300 behind a 5 speed jeep ax15 they make an adapter hers why i wount to do this i hate any thing ford pretty much cant find a good deal on 60 frount and rear from fords where i live its chevy country all my friends hate ford i have accees to all kinda pass side drop axels so i wount to take the 231 chaine out and replace with a dana 300 or 205

A Dana 300 will bolt behind a AX15 (23 spline) with a clocking ring. You can run it standard (pass drop) or flipped (driver drop) with a few mods.

I have a 300 behind my AX15. I got a flip/clocking ring from 4wheelsupply.net It fits behind there pretty good. FYI is actually makes your front driveshaft very short so be prepared for that. Besides that get some cable shifters and you are all set.

so what you guys are teling me all i need is the after market clocking ring and the out put shaft on my 5 speed ax15 will work

As long as your ax15 is a 4wd unit with a 23 spline output, then yes all you need is a clocking ring. I run a 300 behind an ax15 and I used a clocking ring. I did have to trim some of shifter mount on the 300 if I recall correctly.