• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

52 chevy truck...

2pwrlftrs4u

NWW Meanie
new project, picked up for my 14yo son.... the goal is to build and have on the road by 16th b-day.

gonna go with stock 350 4bl for now, and likely 350 turbo tranny

Last edited:
that's awesome, I had a 55 GMC when I was first driving, wish I would have had someone around to help me out with it like your son does.

dr drae said:
NOICE. What color you guys thinkin?

satin black is first choice, gloss black in 2nd, and 3rd is red... we have been thinkin this build for quiet a while, we had a '51 when i was a kid. as far as stance and general appearance here is the look we are going for.

t.jpg

My Dad and I have a 51 Ford that we always wanted to build up/restore, but neither of us could ever afford it so it just sits in the shop now. Maybe someday when Im older I will be able to afford it. Id love to have an old truck like that. I really wish my Dad could have afforded to build it with me back when I was younger so I could drive it like you have planned. He got it when I was about 13 or 14 as well. I hope the build goes well for you, it should be a good time.

The sentimental attachment to that truck is going to be huge. I know because I never even built mine with my Dad, but the time we spent together just getting the damn thing running (all stock straight 6 with a 6 volt electrical system) and the few times we drove around in it are huge memories. I know someday it will be mine, and whether I can afford to restore it or not, its not going anywhere.

~T.J.

84Toyota4x4 said:
My Dad and I have a 51 Ford that we always wanted to build up/restore, but neither of us could ever afford it so it just sits in the shop now. Maybe someday when Im older I will be able to afford it. Id love to have an old truck like that. I really wish my Dad could have afforded to build it with me back when I was younger so I could drive it like you have planned. He got it when I was about 13 or 14 as well. I hope the build goes well for you, it should be a good time.

The sentimental attachment to that truck is going to be huge. I know because I never even built mine with my Dad, but the time we spent together just getting the damn thing running (all stock straight 6 with a 6 volt electrical system) and the few times we drove around in it are huge memories. I know someday it will be mine, and whether I can afford to restore it or not, its not going anywhere.

~T.J.

kinda what i am going for... hope it means alot to him. my cousin told him he'd build/give a big block to him for his high school graduation present. :D

been working on the tear down, we took a truck load of junk to the land fill, power washed the whole truck again... got the bed nearly ready to come off, axle/springs come out soon. we have a rear third lined up for the ford 9" rear. new gears/LSD :cool:

my son, "Bas" (Sebastian) started the body work on one rear fenders while about one dozen bolts soaked in break free/WD40 :D about 90% snap when you break loose/get cut off :mad:

Last edited:
angelfly said:
props lookin good

now and again, i will drink a few when i am wrenching.... now with two projects (CJ and the '52) the drinking is getting better :flipoff:

i even had "Jr" change the oil in the wife's tahoe :D
*that was a 2 beer project :haha:

you gotta love that it seems no matter what i do to my truck its a six pack job or bigger its weird how that works when u grow up drinking icehouse and bud at age 7 gotta love being a redneck

angelfly said:
you gotta love that it seems no matter what i do to my truck its a six pack job or bigger its weird how that works when u grow up drinking icehouse and bud at age 7 gotta love being a redneck

should have seen the day he took the whole rear end out ofthe CJ... that was alot of beer :haha:

by the time he is 16yo he will be pretty damn good with a wrench :D

Last edited: