• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

54" LS2 JK Buggy Build

Coilovers are on. Fuel is mostly plumbed.
a2ed35361a1ca2aae05159b9cccab5e4.jpg

dd08de5403a7746fd48dc685d50aed10.jpg

56a69e99c649d42eac90da2f72f21a20.jpg

986f290fd2b785a05dd8c1ad8478e85b.jpg

Got rid of the red labels in favor of some 42" Treps. I have the buggy wired. It will turn over but not fire up. Not getting spark. I`ve got power to the coils, power to injectors and every other sensor on the harness. Ohmed every sensor out with no issues. Every pin on the harness going into the computer is wired correctly. Harness builder things its a bad computer. Now waiting on a new one. Getting tired of pushing this thing in and out of the garage. 3+ months to get a working harness/computer is complete bullshit. [emoji35]
69f696a700cf7d4c66d5775c8b4100c7.jpg

c6c5671579217e064068abdd63206635.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got rid of the red labels in favor of some 42" Treps. I have the buggy wired. It will turn over but not fire up. Not getting spark. I`ve got power to the coils, power to injectors and every other sensor on the harness. Ohmed every sensor out with no issues. Every pin on the harness going into the computer is wired correctly. Harness builder thin
s its a bad computer. Now waiting on a new one. Getting tired of pushing this thing in and out of the garage. 3+ months to get a working harness/computer is complete bullshit. [emoji35]
69f696a700cf7d4c66d5775c8b4100c7.jpg

c6c5671579217e064068abdd63206635.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[/quote]

Even though you have checked the ohm of every sensor, have you verified they are sending signal to the ECM?

bjeep said:
Looking good Kerry when is the first ride?
Ready to see have them 42's work !!

Well I spoke too soon. I'm having the same bullshit problem as before. Sending 208 motorsports the harness, 2 computers and my pedal back for them to diagnose the issue.

Badride said:
Get one from Jim's Performance and all problems will be gone.

comparing Jims to 208 is like comparing applebees to a personal chef (a bit of exaggeration...but 208 is next level when it comes to quality and support and his track record shows it)

you want an off the shelf tune with a harness that is a cut down junkyard harness with stock/reused connections? Get a Jims.

you want a tune that is specific to what you want/have and a harness that is built from all new QUALITY parts, even down to how long you want your ground wire? Get a 208.

Josh knows his **** and will do everything possible to get Kerry going. Will "Jim" answer a text message from a plane over the Pacific on his way to China to answer a stupid question about how he wants to see the brake light relay wired in? Who the **** knows...but Josh will.

slravenel said:
comparing Jims to 208 is like comparing applebees to a personal chef (a bit of exaggeration...but 208 is next level when it comes to quality and support and his track record shows it)

you want an off the shelf tune with a harness that is a cut down junkyard harness with stock/reused connections? Get a Jims.

you want a tune that is specific to what you want/have and a harness that is built from all new QUALITY parts, even down to how long you want your ground wire? Get a 208.

Josh knows his **** and will do everything possible to get Kerry going. Will "Jim" answer a text message from a plane over the Pacific on his way to China to answer a stupid question about how he wants to see the brake light relay wired in? Who the **** knows...but Josh will.

I have yet to hear anything back from him. Its been 4 days.

KPatterson said:

I have heard the opposite of what slravenel is saying.

What is it doing or not doing Kerry?

bjeep said:

Same **** it was doing before I swapped the computer out. Turns over no spark. I'm getting fuel, I have power at the coils. Still throwing a TPS code. When it did run, the pedal would not communicate with the TB. Cigarette goes in the fuel cell tomorrow.

KPatterson said:

I think he is coming back from China now - I believe he was part of the Ultra4 group that went over there

bjeep said:

I'm not defending the guy's mistake on the harness...I am just saying that Kerry's is the only bad thing I've heard; but I would be curious to hear from others that have had issues though - are there any common themes? And it sucks...I wish he wasn't having these issues...but I'm also saying that Josh will get him fixed up (hopefully sooner rather than later).

Granted my harness is a lot simpler than Kerry's; but mine worked absolutely perfect on the first crank.

Kerry - can you get your hands on another pedal to try and eliminate that as a potential issue? I know those things can be finicky...

slravenel said:
I think he is coming back from China now - I believe he was part of the Ultra4 group that went over there

I'm not defending the guy's mistake on the harness...I am just saying that Kerry's is the only bad thing I've heard; but I would be curious to hear from others that have had issues though - are there any common themes? And it sucks...I wish he wasn't having these issues...but I'm also saying that Josh will get him fixed up (hopefully sooner rather than later).

Granted my harness is a lot simpler than Kerry's; but mine worked absolutely perfect on the first crank.

Kerry - can you get your hands on another pedal to try and eliminate that as a potential issue? I know those things can be finicky...
I could but that's not going to solve my issue. I know **** happens and I'm not here to call anyone out whatsoever. This motor isn't some junk that came out of the scrap yard. It was in my personal vehicle.

I love Applebee's. **** always works, comes out on time, and Jim will always come out from the back and do anything you ask. Over the last few week I've spent hours on the phone with Jim working on an issue from changes I've made. Jim goes above and beyond for his customers.OEM connections are made to go hundreds of thousands of miles. Jim does clean work and knows his ****. You can tell Jim really cares. Don't know the 208 dude I'm sure he's good but that's a terrible description of Jim and his work.

slravenel said:
comparing Jim's to 208 is like comparing applebees to a personal chef (a bit of exaggeration...but 208 is next level when it comes to quality and support and his track record shows it)

you want an off the shelf tune with a harness that is a cut down junkyard harness with stock/reused connections? Get a Jim's.

Molly Hatchet said:
I love Applebee's. **** always works, comes out on time, and Jim will always come out from the back and do anything you ask. Over the last few week I've spent hours on the phone with Jim working on an issue from changes I've made. Jim goes above and beyond for his customers.OEM connections are made to go hundreds of thousands of miles. Jim does clean work and knows his ****. You can tell Jim really cares. Don't know the 208 dude I'm sure he's good but that's a terrible description of Jim and his work.

well i guess this is just a perfect example of people having different experiences.

My Jim's harness on my old buggy was total garbage (granted this was several years ago so things may have changed)...junk connections, loose wires, plastic looming. I had issues with my "tune" as well that never got figured out. Shop mate had a tune from them also that he couldn't get figured out after multiple phone calls.

My experience with 208 has been nothing but awesome. However Kerry is having a totally different experience and that really sucks; and I wont even try to come up with any excuses for it - I feel bad for sending Kerry to 208 with all the issues hes having...but I am confident that it will get figured out.

I probably shouldn't bad mouth Jim's; he does good work for a lot of people. I just personally wasn't happy; that's all.

Harness, pedal, throttle body and both computers go out tomorrow for them to diagnose the issue. 300m RCVs came in quick thanks to Skinny Pedal racing.
14519752_10101058782583722_2747275053014363511_n.jpg