• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

'54 Willys

79chevy39.5's

well i havent been on the site in a long time but since I will be headed back out to the PNW in about 10 months Im gunna post up what ive got goin now its still mid build

'54 willys on a 79 chevy frame 115" wheelbase
350 (carb) backed by a 465/205(32 spline hydro setup)
52"s up front with 56"s in the back
d60 hy-steer 1.5" solid bars 4.56 open currently
14 bolt 4.56 welded stock otherwise
hydraboost runnin 39.5" iroks on 17" wheels

soon mods to do:
roll cage (just need a bender 1.75 .120 wall dom)
4 link rear (2" .250 wall box heims at one end and bushings at other all homade brackes)
either dual trans set-up (followin the build on pirate4x4) or 241/205

some pics now
P1010754.jpg

radiatorclearance001.jpg

radiatorclearance004.jpg

Coolist trucks ever made:awesomework: looks like a fun project.

x2!!! I am very jealous:awesomework: My buddy has a '48 Willy's Jeep truck that he won't part with for anything. I am a huge fan of them. Nice rig! keep the pictures rollin'!!!!:beer::beer:

I learned to drive in a '53:D And Susan had a '50 Wagon when we got married that she'd inherited from her Dad after he got a newer one:awesomework:

I love this build. very cool. keep up the pics when you can. I wondered what happened to you. I remember the full size pickup you started with. :awesomework:I also love these trucks and the wagons, Ive owned both. awesome rigs:awesomework:

I love this build. very cool. keep up the pics when you can. I wondered what happened to you. I remember the full size pickup you started with. :awesomework:I also love these trucks and the wagons, Ive owned both. awesome rigs:awesomework:

thanks guys i will keep updating as i go...the full size was just simply to big and i picked this truck up and one that was so far gone i couldnt even save the grill or anything for 400 and junked all the parts that were no good for $600 so that payed for the stuff to do the body work

Ya just don't see these trucks everyday...VERY COOL!!!:awesomework::cool: Can't wait to see the finished product...:D

picked up some silver paint from TSC for $35 with thinner its sprayable and brushable but ill spray the body other things will probly be brushed with it though

some more pics
paint, thinner and my first peice of 4 link gathering
008.jpg

is it possible to have too many boxes?
004.jpg

i kinda like it been toyin with the idea both open with enough room and i have this area to shove things as well as on top of the tank will get a shelf for storage
005.jpg

sliders painted
006.jpg

interior shot
009.jpg

hydraboost mounted
010.jpg

and the strap for just incase
011.jpg

Last edited:
its alive! put gas in the tank sucked fuel up to the carb put a couple drops in the carb and hit it fired right up! now i need to bleed brakes and clutch make a front driveline and its all down hill now

cool build, love the look of the truck

my 02. cut your sliders off and welding fish plates to your frame, or make some box type gussets for your sliders before they rip your frame:corn:

cool build, love the look of the truck

my 02. cut your sliders off and welding fish plates to your frame, or make some box type gussets for your sliders before they rip your frame:corn:

i actualy plan to build tube gussets as they have some up/down flex to them right now

Last edited: