• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

$58 tower speakers off Amazon.com

PixbyNick

Seen these on amazon and gave them a shot since they were so cheap. Plenty loud enough to hear over the engine, made it thru a rough ride and held up to being pressure washed so i am very happy for the price. They are hooked to a PYLE mp3 amp. Could do this set up for $100 or maybe less.

MCM tower speakers in a rzr

I have run the $49 a pair set in my crawler. They work pretty well. You can put nicer speakers in those housings no problem. Drill a small drain hole and go to town. You can spend as much as you want on them. I have seen $1000 for a set of housings before. Just how much bling do you want?

IIRC the guy from crawltunes.com used to sell that setup (Pyle branded) and stopped offering the speakers after several people had the clamps fail. I'm not sure how they failed specifically, but that was what lead to his custom enclosures. For the forces they'll see offroad I'd rather spend a bit more and have metal clamps.

But hell, for $50 it's probably worth a shot. If the break at least you are only out a few bucks, and you can upgrade.

Re: Re: Re: $58 tower speakers off Amazon.com

bgredjeep said:
IIRC the guy from crawltunes.com used to sell that setup (Pyle branded) and stopped offering the speakers after several people had the clamps fail. I'm not sure how they failed specifically, but that was what lead to his custom enclosures. For the forces they'll see offroad I'd rather spend a bit more and have metal clamps.

But hell, for $50 it's probably worth a shot. If the break at least you are only out a few bucks, and you can upgrade.

X2

I bet with a little reinforcement (I'm thinking some aluminum angle and some self tapping screws, or some steel conduit clamps) you could make these hold up fine

Just a heads up - I had some MTX wake tower speakers and the housing failed/fell in on my head. Totally sucked!!!

bgredjeep said:

Dont over tighten the clamps and you shouldnt have an issue. Have 4 years or so on mine and only had 1 clamp fail because i overtightened it. They are not sexy by any means, but get the job done.

Latest posts