• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

5th Annual Twin Lakes Snow Run....

Depends on how low the snow is but the last couple years wouldnt have been good for a 2wd with crappy tires. I know Andy did it 2 years ago in a 2wd tow rig with a POSI and good off road tires but was raping it to get out of where we were parked lol

Yeah, I think I like the snow too much for a 2wd tow rig. Also, having at least one truck that is <10 years old and completely stock with no little weird quirks is getting more and more appealing as I get older. Is there anywhere close that's better for parking? My truck is fully street legal, so I could drive all the way but towing is really nice!

Yeah, I think I like the snow too much for a 2wd tow rig. Also, having at least one truck that is <10 years old and completely stock with no little weird quirks is getting more and more appealing as I get older. Is there anywhere close that's better for parking? My truck is fully street legal, so I could drive all the way but towing is really nice!

Im sure you could park at Kevin's place which isnt terribly far away or the parking lot attached to chair 9 where we are having breakfast is huge and i doubt they would care

2wd and bald...... that's how I roll!!!

Get r done...wooohooooo!!:redneck:

Gonah be there and be square!:haha:

:awesomework::awesomework:

You can park at my place if you like Rus, it is ~45min to an hour's drive to the turnoff from my driveway, depending on traffic...I am only two minutes off the highway as well, not far out of way. PM if you'd like directions.
2wd and bald...... that's how I roll!!!

Get r done...wooohooooo!!:redneck:

Gonah be there and be square!:haha:
:awesomework: :awesomework:
Im sure you could park at Kevin's place which isnt terribly far away or the parking lot attached to chair 9 where we are having breakfast is huge and i doubt they would care

......I have lots O' room! :redneck:

Last edited:

Yah I need to find out if thats their parking lot or not... it could belong to the resort, in that case they might get mad.

Your other option is down at the hannegan pass parking area. At this time it looks like there won't be any snow there, and if there is they usually plow it. Hannegan Pass is only a 1/2 mile past the turn-off.

We're scouting the mountain tomorrow. but I can say in all likely hood that Saturday it is ....

Right now, 20-36" of snow is forecast above 5000 ft this week. Sadly saturday is looking to also be a snowy day, no nice breaks. But if it changes to be nice on sunday we may want to do sunday instead.

We should know more by tomorrow evening, monday at the latest.

Yah I need to find out if thats their parking lot or not... it could belong to the resort, in that case they might get mad.

Your other option is down at the hannegan pass parking area. At this time it looks like there won't be any snow there, and if there is they usually plow it. Hannegan Pass is only a 1/2 mile past the turn-off.

My place is an option for those with 2wd tow rigs and street legal wheelers, for those that don't wish to chance towing up the highway...:awesomework: But yeah, that parking lot is also another option...

You can park at my place if you like Rus, it is ~45min to an hour's drive to the turnoff from my driveway, depending on traffic...I am only two minutes off the highway as well, not far out of way. PM if you'd like directions.

:awesomework: :awesomework:

......I have lots O' room! :redneck:

Why yes yes you do :redneck:

Good point, kevins place would probably be a safer bet, farther away but dont have to worry about a ticket or being towed lol

I hope it warms up and its not this next saterday personally cause if so i will be missing this trip :mad:

Well Jake and Sam, you might have gotten your wish!

NEXT WEEKEND...THE UPPER TROUGH OUT AROUND 140W WILL BECOME EVEN
MORE AMPLIFIED...WITH STRONG SOUTHERLY FLOW ALOFT DEVELOPING OVER
WRN WA AND THE ADJACENT WATERS. A NORTH-SOUTH ORIENTED BAROCLINIC
BAND (FANCY WORD FOR A FRONTAL ZONE) WILL TURN UP NEARLY STATIONARY
ALONG OR JUST OFF THE COAST. FOR BEING 6-7 DAYS OUT IN THE
FUTURE...MODELS ARE IN GOOD AGREEMENT WITH THE GENERAL SETUP BUT
VARY SOMEWHAT IN WHERE THE NEARLY STATIONARY FRONT WILL BE LOCATED.
OPTIONS RANGE FROM THE OLYMPIC PENINSULA TO JUST OFF THE NORTHWEST
COAST. MODEL CONSENSUS WOULD POINT TO A WET AND WINDY PERIOD AT THE
COAST WITH MORE BENIGN CONDITIONS OVER THE INTERIOR NEXT WEEKEND.
BOTH THE ECMWF AND GFS SHOW S-SW 850 MB WINDS OF 45-55 KTS THROUGH
THE WEEKEND. STRONG SOUTHERLY FLOW ALOFT AND OUR LOCATION ON THE
WARM SIDE OF THE FRONT FAVOR MILD TEMPERATURES NEXT WEEKEND. HANER

If these stats hold up, it looks like next weekend will be mild, REALLY wet, REALLY windy, and just basically crap for being in the mountains. Unfortunately, with the snow level only rising to 4000ft, it could mean that that we get large snow berms at the top, while everything below 4000ft melts.

I don't want to schedule it thanksgiving weekend because of other things. So it very well could be Dec 1st. Sadly I doubt we'll make it to the top if thats the case.

Whats looking most likely, is I'll take a group of 4-5 well equipped rigs sunday the 18th to try to stay ahead of the snow berm. With any luck if we can get run down, and then do another run on the 1st or 2nd of December.. but if it does end up snowing a crapton -- we'll either need someone with a snow blower, or a bunch of shovels to make it up.

Well Jake and Sam, you might have gotten your wish!

If these stats hold up, it looks like next weekend will be mild, REALLY wet, REALLY windy, and just basically crap for being in the mountains. Unfortunately, with the snow level only rising to 4000ft, it could mean that that we get large snow berms at the top, while everything below 4000ft melts.

I don't want to schedule it thanksgiving weekend because of other things. So it very well could be Dec 1st. Sadly I doubt we'll make it to the top if thats the case.

Whats looking most likely, is I'll take a group of 4-5 well equipped rigs sunday the 18th to try to stay ahead of the snow berm. With any luck if we can get run down, and then do another run on the 1st or 2nd of December.. but if it does end up snowing a crapton -- we'll either need someone with a snow blower, or a bunch of shovels to make it up.

Id go the 18th possibly if im back from canada that day but i may stay through sunday and come back that evening, keep ya posted:awesomework: 42's will help get through those burms :D

Latest posts