• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired 6.0 jeep buggy SOLD

First come first serve. As said in first post, salvage title. Tagged, insured and registered since last year. Got nothing to hide.

I understand first come first serve. That's not what you said...you said "deal, I'll let the other cat know".

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 86
I understand your confusion. But, the other guy is very difficult to get in touch with and was hours later til I even got a definite answer from him that he was 100% on buying it.
Sir you could have left this at a texting level. since you're a military man and I'd love to see you drive/wheel it but I'm gonna honor a first arrangent.

This guy went from "the title is on the way. Pay me and I'll mail it to you" to hey I found the title. Ok cool, maybe that happens.

Then the story was "I took insurance off yesterday but it still has a tag". This was at 7:43 pm. Then the story was he has valid insurance and registration at 8:23 pm. Then it changed to "I cancelled the insurance and turned in the tag" at 8:56 pm. Really, you turned in a tag that late at night? I don't know. Maybe you mailed it...with stamps or some ****. The post office isn't open.

Next, we have "it's the third I've put on the road with salvage" which turns into "its about the fourth or fifth". Ok maybe you can't keep track of vehicles, or maybe you are beefing the numbers to increase my comfort level. Or maybe you can't remember what the truth is.

Last night we left it at this...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 87
01tj said:
Just curious, what do you mean it don't have a valid SC title? It states in the thread that it is salvaged, which can still be registered and driven legally on the road in SC.

You aren't being ignored. I am still trying to work through whether it is legal to drive or not. Turns out this guy doesn't know for sure. The law is not exactly clear.

XJ savage said:
I understand your confusion. But, the other guy is very difficult to get in touch with and was hours later til I even got a definite answer from him that he was 100% on buying it.
Sir you could have left this at a texting level. since you're a military man and I'd love to see you drive/wheel it but I'm gonna honor a first arrangent.

What I understood was you told me "we have a deal. I'll let the other guy know". What you actually meant was "first come, first serve". Say what you mean and mean what you say.

I brought it here so that others would know that a "handshake deal" with you isn't what it used to mean. I canceled plans, made arrangements to borrow a truck and trailer from separate people, affected their plans, and made other decisions based on the fact that if the jeep was legal, I was coming to get it.

My profession has nothing to do with this deal. A man's word is his bond and that is something I learned long before I joined the military. The only reason I mentioned being in the military was to stress that I couldn't travel back and forth to South Carolina to try to work out title issues. I needed them resolved before the deal was done.

Man, there is absolutely nothing wrong with first come first served, or even highest bidder wins. They are both fine if you represent them as such. But if someone gives you a deposit, the damn thing is sold until they don't show up when they say they will. If I had known you had taken a deposit, I would never have made an offer. While you did tell me someone else was interested, you did not say that you had taken any money or made a verbal "it's a deal" arrangement.

If you want to talk about "honoring" a deal, don't deal with other folks. That's called "deal pending".

Furthermore...if it was "hours later before he was 100% on buying it" like you say, then I do believe you told me we had a deal first.

Case in point folks. The dude can't keep his stories straight. Use caution when handling this reptile.

Sir if it was illegal to drive and operate do you really think I would take a risk and post on the internet a pic of my tagged jeep (tag showing) AND a video of me driving it????
Yeah I've owned over 20 damn cars. I forget these details especially when they have nothing to do with road legality.
Is there a reason you haven't called or texted me yet?

XJ savage said:
Sir if it was illegal to drive and operate do you really think I would take a risk and post on the internet a pic of my tagged jeep (tag showing) AND a video of me driving it????
Yeah I've owned over 20 damn cars. I forget these details especially when they have nothing to do with road legality.
Is there a reason you haven't called or texted me yet?

I am just gonna leave this here...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    133.3 KB · Views: 88
So I can't second guess a minimum wage employee at a DMV down the road? Mistakes happen. I've been down this road before and the only reason I was even gonna go look into it (again) was because I really wanted you to own it. Yeah, my tag was sitting in my mailbox waiting to be sent out and insurance was cancelled. I was willing to put the tag back on and reinstate my insurance just so you can drive it!
It's spoken for. Sorry it wasn't you but damn dude let it go. Call me and cus me out or whatever you wanna do for letting you think it was closer to yours than someone else. I mean you absolutely no respect even if I don't get that in return.

XJ savage said:
Sorry it wasn't you but damn dude let it go. Call me and cus me out or whatever you wanna do for letting you think it was closer to yours than someone else. I mean you absolutely no respect even if I don't get that in return.

For the record, I haven't called him or cussed at him.

I don't need your respect. I didn't post here for you. I simply posted to share my experience in hopes that others would exercise caution when dealing with you. I'd hate for someone to make an 18 hour road trip to find out that you sold something after making an agreement. The fact is that you lied.

You said he gave you "the other half of the $$$". So you already had a deposit. Or you didn't and you lied about it. Either way, it doesn't matter. You sold the jeep, I am not stuck with a jeep that I potentially couldn't get a title for and someone got a nice jeep. Everybody is happy. And now those who care to look know to be careful when dealing with you. Everybody wins.

Thanks dude. Again, sorry about the confusion and hope you find a good deal on something. Hope to see ya on the trail and I have a handshake and a cold beer for ya.

You too.

And I called the DMV. The vehicle is absolutely good to go to be driven on the road. The law is ambiguous which is why I said there may be issues. Turns out he is legit there. Doesn't change the issue of taking deposits and agreeing to sell the same vehicle to more than one person. Live and learn.

Out of all that you know what bothers me about this thread? You let that thing go for $14,500? WTF dude.

Let me get this straight, so I can understand this. If I have a rig for sale and Creepycrawler puts half down into my pay pal account and then XJ savage shows up with the cash first he can buy it, even though there is half down?? im just trying to understand?? If so, what is the reason for the deposit?

dwa2469 said:
Let me get this straight, so I can understand this. If I have a rig for sale and Creepycrawler puts half down into my pay pal account and then XJ savage shows up with the cash first he can buy it, even though there is half down?? im just trying to understand?? If so, what is the reason for the deposit?

Yeah, not the way it should work. I will say that the dude apologized and admitted that it is out of character for him. My point in posting this was genuinely not to drag him down. I was definitely not happy about the way the deal went, but my goal was to keep it from happening to someone else. Hopefully everyone involved has learned something.

Damn...less than that? That hurts because I would have happily handed over the stack of Benjamin's I sent you a picture of. Would literally be heading that way right meow.

creepycrawly said:
Yeah, not the way it should work. I will say that the dude apologized and admitted that it is out of character for him. My point in posting this was genuinely not to drag him down. I was definitely not happy about the way the deal went, but my goal was to keep it from happening to someone else. Hopefully everyone involved has learned something.

Damn...less than that? That hurts because I would have happily handed over the stack of Benjamin's I sent you a picture of. Would literally be heading that way right meow.
Glad it worked out in the end. It just sucks you were up all night dealing with this b/s creepy. Maybe it worked out for the best in the end :dblthumb:

Chicken ****er!

I ended up doing cash + trade actually. For reasons I don't have to explain here. But anyways, I'm glad it's over and I'll be building another rig real soon.