• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

6.0 LS running poorly

wizzo said:
Soaked the injectors in sea foam and then reverse cleaned them and this is what came out

Not sure if it's dirt or the fuel line breaking down. I'm thinking fuel line.....

I've been thinking injectors all along, even read that 1% difference on leak down is a sign of injector issues. What kind of fuel line are you running? What micron is your pre and post filter?

I would still look into the tunes misfire table and make sure its reading/setup appropriately.

croes said:
I've been thinking injectors all along, even read that 1% difference on leak down is a sign of injector issues. What kind of fuel line are you running? What micron is your pre and post filter?

I would still look into the tunes misfire table and make sure its reading/setup appropriately.

I posted the fuel line below. I run 4 Walbro pick ups in the tank and using them as pre filters. This 10 micron filter after the pump http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS-Performance-Products/555/150000/10002/-1?parentProductId=743546

Got the injectors back in and buttoned up. Took it out for a few hot laps down the road. It runs like a champ now! Even starts up better. Pulls strong again!

I'm planning on replacing the fuel lines at this point. It's hard to tell for sure, but I feel like the crud that came out of the injectors is fuel line between the post filter and fuel rails.

This is what I was running (lasted 4 years) and I cannot say at this point for sure that it is what came out of the injectors.
http://www.jegs.com/p/JEGS-Performance-Products/JEGS-Pro-Flo-350-Series-Nylon-Braided-Hose/761335/10002/-1

I'm considering going to hard line, either aluminum or stainless steel lines. I'll have to have a short piece of hose between the fuel rail and chassis and possibly the fuel cell itself and the chassis.

Thoughts on running hard line?

What about a like 5 micron filter on fire wall right before fuel rail. Wouldn't have to be very big just to make sure not hint make it to injectors.

wizzo said:
Got the injectors back in and buttoned up. Took it out for a few hot laps down the road. It runs like a champ now! Even starts up better. Pulls strong again!

I'm planning on replacing the fuel lines at this point. It's hard to tell for sure, but I feel like the crud that came out of the injectors is fuel line between the post filter and fuel rails.

Great to hear, talk about frustrating. I run a 100 micron pre, and 10 micron post with the jegs push lock line, been good for 3+ years now. Probably not a bad idea to replace it soon though after seeing this. I put Evinrude 2+4 in it after each trip if its going to sit awhile.

Hard lines should be fine as long as they are mounted/isolated correctly. Is your system return or returnless?

Glad you found it.

I put an additive in EVERY tank to prevent plugged injectors and anything else. I rotate through them - Seafoam, Lucas, Regaine, Amsoil, etc. - hopefully one of them works. Cheap insurance IMO.

wizzo said:
I posted the fuel line below. I run 4 Walbro pick ups in the tank and using them as pre filters. This 10 micron filter after the pump http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS-Performance-Products/555/150000/10002/-1?parentProductId=743546

This is what I was running (lasted 4 years) and I cannot say at this point for sure that it is what came out of the injectors.
http://www.jegs.com/p/JEGS-Performance-Products/JEGS-Pro-Flo-350-Series-Nylon-Braided-Hose/761335/10002/-1

I'm considering going to hard line, either aluminum or stainless steel lines. I'll have to have a short piece of hose between the fuel rail and chassis and possibly the fuel cell itself and the chassis.

I ran hard line in mine from the post pump filter all the way to the engine compartment. All you need is some automotive flange/flaring tools, I think auto is 45 deg where as aviation is 47 deg. Only flexible line in mine is from the pickup to the pre filter, from the pre filter to the pump on the frame below the tank and then from the end of the hard line in the engine compartment over to the fuel rail. 4 years and no issues for me.

I have all -6 push lock nose from the tank to the fuel rail. Never a single problem with it. I know many people use only push lock hose. Just make sure its rated for fuel - not all of it is.

I just ran aluminum fuel line in my buggy...I have a short piece of pushlock hose going to the rail, between pump and filter and also have some from the top of the tank to the pump. -8 pickup (soon to be Holley hydramat when it shows up) -8 to the pump and -6 to the rails and return. The hardline is 3/8", other than the intake piece, which is 1/2". I used the AN compression fittings, so I wouldnt haven to flare it. obviously havent ran it yet.....but I think it was the right move.

Brian

mna0121 said:
Your return should be one size larger than your supply. -6 supply should have -8 return

Not necessarily, although it doesn't hurt anything. I run a Bosch 044 that flows a lot of fuel and I have -6 everywhere with no issues. A lot of engines use all -6.

Ended up putting new Earl's fuel line on it. After further investigation, it looks like my fuel filter was breaking down and that was what came out of the injectors. Probably should have changed it sooner, lesson learned.

Took it out on Saturday and did a little local creek dig'n and trail riding. Ran great all day and I put quite a few miles on it.