• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

6 liter heads?

Elliott

What's the best head to run on a lq4 6.0, looking for small chambers and high flow.

Change of plans just got back from picking up lq4 70,000 miles, ls1 heads and intake and a t6 turbo. Ought to be fun with the rockwells!Always been into nitrous and blowers in street cars, turbo ought to be a fun learning curve

i just hope the t6 turbo housing does not create to much lag, what size is the turbo and what is the hot side ar?

It's a 68 mm with a 1.05 ar But you would think it wouldn't be able to lag to much with the rpm gettin up as fast as it should with my gearing. I'm not going for all out horsepwer any ways. That motor and turbo setup should be capable of doing a 1,000 horse if it was built all out, basing it off of the race cars we,ve been around. But there is no way you need that kind of power, realistically if you can't climb something with 500 horses you don't have your **** right. But with that being said wouldn't a turbo spooled like that sound freakin awesome in the woods.

you find me a single 68mm turbo that would make 1000 hp on a 6.0, i want it! and the 6.0 rods will let go at about 700hp then it would start pushing water at the 800 to 850hp mark. sorry i was just tring to help, i know a good bit about turbos and most t6 flange turbos would be a large frame like a 88 or something with a high ar which would mean some lag.

Didn't say anything about factory rods did I. I've been building motors all my life I think I will be just fine.

hinton said:
you find me a single 68mm turbo that would make 1000 hp on a 6.0, i want it! and the 6.0 rods will let go at about 700hp then it would start pushing water at the 800 to 850hp mark. sorry i was just tring to help, i know a good bit about turbos and most t6 flange turbos would be a large frame like a 88 or something with a high ar which would mean some lag.

Yeah I've never heard of a T6 68mm lol. Unless it's some kind of diesel turbo. Which won't work well at all if that's the case...

corey said:
Yeah I've never heard of a T6 68mm lol. Unless it's some kind of diesel turbo. Which won't work well at all if that's the case...

at least someone understood what i was saying!!!!

and just because you can build a motor does not mean you can correctly setup a turbo system!!!!! i was not trying to bash your build just trying to help you out but good luck with it anyway :popcorn:

Latest posts