• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

6 months of probation

fomoco365

That was my sentence yesterday from the General Sessions judge for the ticket I got about a month ago when I went down the wrong trail at the wrong time. To make a long story short, I had just climbed a rather steep rocky hill in my yota and was trying to find a better way down that wasn't as steep. I turned in to what looked to be a fairly well travelled trail and got stopped by a TWRA officer who wrote me a citation. I thought if anything, I would be looking at a fine and some court costs for a first offense. :dunno:

TBItoy said:
isn't 6 months of probation basically the same as "nothing"

???

Are you out of pocket any money?

Pretty much what I thought. I got 3 reckless driving tickets in one year back in my early 20's hell raising on sportbikes and got my license suspended, 2 years probation, and a 30 day suspended jail sentence that I would've had to serve if I broke probation within that 2 year period. And the 3 tickets that I was issued was only 3 of the times I couldn't run when seen by the 5-0 doin' something stupid, most of the time riding wheelies. Got away probably 10+ times. Definitely one of my "least proud of" years molaugh

What really chapped my backside was the 10 people before me who were there for fishing without a license and got their cases dismissed with no fine or anything.

fomoco365 said:
Yeah, $50 fine and $204 court costs. Stupid podunk town.

You would've probably paid that regardless of whether or not the judge issued you probation. Any sort of ticket is always comprised mostly of court costs, whether you go to court or not...you still pay court costs.

fomoco365 said:
What really chapped my backside was the 10 people before me who were there for fishing without a license and got their cases dismissed with no fine or anything.

Where was this at? You said TWRA officer, makes me think of Aetna maybe?

TacomaJD said:
Where was this at? You said TWRA officer, makes me think of Aetna maybe?

It was at a place on the TN AL line where people have been riding since before I was born. Some areas are TVA land, some are TWRA and some is private.

fomoco365 said:
It was close to Bruton Branch at a hill called the waterfall, for obvious reasons .
Heard they have been crack in down hard on folks riding there.

smurfy90 said:
Heard they have been crack in down hard on folks riding there.

It's a shame that they are, because it is an awesome place to ride. There some good hills to climb and beautiful scenery around the river.

Not trying to start a debate here, but I typically avoid areas which are not offroad vehicle parks for this very reason. A trail may seem like the right place to go, but it may turn out that the 100 or so people who went before you (and didn't get caught) were on a bad trail. Either way, it makes us all look bad in the eyes of the ignorant authorities.

That said, 6 months probation is NOT the same thing as getting nothing. There are serious issues with job security, depending on his career field. As well as the fact that it will show up on every background check, and some credit reports. I know that doesn't seem like a big deal to some people, but that would be a BIG DAMN DEAL in my field.