• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

6L90e

Welderd

I got a 6.0L and a 6L90e and a NP205
I thought the 6L90e was the same as the 6L80 and I could waller out 2 holes and bolt it up
now I find the output is 29 spline and the bolt pattern is different where 1 bolt hole can't be used

what should I do?

Anyone want to swap me a 6L80?

I almost want to get a stock transfer case for the 6L90e but they are so new they are high dollar and I'd be better off getting a doubler to adapt it

I was kind of trying to avoid an expensive adapter but looks like my only option

I'm kind of debating getting a factory transfer case as it will be lower, bolt right up and have the needed VSS
downfall is slip yoke front and rear
but thinking rear slip will be fine with 4 link and front can go to a carrier bearing and be fine

Just trying to spend money wisely

$700 for an adapter to 205
~700 for factory case??

rockwild said:
I was kind of trying to avoid an expensive adapter but looks like my only option

I'm kind of debating getting a factory transfer case as it will be lower, bolt right up and have the needed VSS
downfall is slip yoke front and rear
but thinking rear slip will be fine with 4 link and front can go to a carrier bearing and be fine

Just trying to spend money wisely

$700 for an adapter to 205
~700 for factory case??

can you swap the 29 spline input into a different NP/NVG tcase that doesn't have the double slip yokes?

What is your intended use for the buggy?

also, FWIW a 205 is probably quite a bit more compact than the big chain drive aluminum cases. so that could be a plus?

Unsure on these newer transfer cases but in the late 90s early 2000s I swapped a fixed yoke front from a late 80s early 90s manual shift case to a newer push button case for a sas conversion. Everything swapped was a direct swap using an old style seal. Good luck.

going into a JKU for my wife with 05 Superduty axles
going to be a backup mini van and then she can follow on the trails with kids
thinking 7 seater

I don't think I need the crawl ratio that much and wasnt planning on a doubler but I am trying to build it so it's appealing to most so I can sell it if/when I need to