• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

79 bronco axle question..

Dubshot

What year ford axles will bolt right in?? 1/2 and 3/4 ton.. Also which would be the best for cage front radius arms??

The 3/4 ton or HD D44 will be better because they are leaf sprung so no C-wedge to cut off :awesomework:

the answer for bolt in, is all 78-79 f-150 and bronco axles use the same style of axle housing and are 1/2 ton coil sprung and high pinion. f250/(3/4 ton) are wider and leaf spring and low pinion

cage offroad has a weld on axle tab available to use their radius arms on axle tubes that do not have the "c-wedge" on the axle tube

Ok right on.. Thanks for the help guys.. I wish I just had the cash to get a 60 but right now its not in the cards.. I was going to get the cage front radius arms but they are like 800$ I was wondering if anybody had experience in making their own and if so how hard was it and is it worth it?? Seems like for 800$ I could probably either fab up my own front and rear links or have somebody else do it.. But I dont know because I dont know many fabricators..

Now with that said can you weld and /or do you have a welder ?

if so make your own

the answer for bolt in, is all 78-79 f-150 and bronco axles use the same style of axle housing and are 1/2 ton coil sprung and high pinion. f250/(3/4 ton) are wider and leaf spring and low pinion

cage offroad has a weld on axle tab available to use their radius arms on axle tubes that do not have the "c-wedge" on the axle tube

There is a guy on here that has a ranger that had the tib with trailing arms and he did a SAS with a late 70's dana 44 check it out for some ideas
http://nw-wheelers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13704

Totaly wrong in big writing there I won a 250 and it has a big knuckle high pinion dana 44 so does 4 oof my other friends with 3/4 ton fords. If your looking for a dana 44 i have one but it is a leaf sprung axle

Dont know how to weld yet but I just got me a lincoln 135 weld pack.. I need to learn I know my dad knows how to weld but he has not welded since I was young..

Angelfly is right, ford used HD HP D44 and like said before a leaf sprung will save you time :awesomework:

Oh yeah as for the welding if you know some one that welds ask them to show some tricks or take a class or you can start doing a lot of reading

check out this place http://www.offroadfabnet.com/index.php

Last edited:
Ya I was wrong, thats what I get for replying before fully waking up, I should have wrote The F250 axle was a low pinion Dana 44 until 1977.5

I have the cage arms on my junk and they are nice

Yeah Just food for thought i would have no problem coming out to your place with my welder and welding your **** on

I dont have a 220 plug in thats why I just went with the little welder for now.. I heard alot of good things about them and a very little bad.. I have the weld pak 135 I just never used it yet.. So you guys are saying go with a 3/4 ton combo and get the tabs for the radius arms and rock that??? Seems to me its almost worth it to wait a little bit and just go D-60's. Also who do you guys know that does good tube work for a decent price??

In your area I don't know up here TMF on the board.He does all my tube work and macanic work good guy pm him:awesomework:

Latest posts