• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

80' yota wheel hub

badboytoy

my 80' yota front wheel hub. the bearing race spun inside and caused it to get grooved pretty good...any way to get this fixed..whats my best choice to get my front axle complete...jus bought complete knuckle rebuild kit and wheel bearings.

I've useed shimstock in a pinch to take up the space between the race and wheelhub(it was a bitch to keep the stock between the race and hub!); best advice is find another wheelhub...

I have a pair of 80 wheelhubs that I have as spares. Seeing as though I don't want to spend $80 each for the LC rotors that fit them I would consider trading them for 82-85 wheelhubs.

my 80' yota front wheel hub. the bearing race spun inside and caused it to get grooved pretty good...any way to get this fixed..whats my best choice to get my front axle complete...jus bought complete knuckle rebuild kit and wheel bearings.

pull the race out and take a center punch and knurl the area where the race sits. Every time you make a punch mark it swells up the metal arount th e point of impact.:awesomework:

pull the race out and take a center punch and knurl the area where the race sits. Every time you make a punch mark it swells up the metal arount th e point of impact.:awesomework:

If it needs knurled, the race probably fell out!!!:haha:I did that to my previous wheel hub on the pass side---it eventually just spins in there again....better off finding a more permanent solution...I agree, it'll work in a pinch, depending on how much it's worn....:awesomework:; I do also agree that swapping them out for newer ones is a better way to go...:awesomework: