• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

85 4runner rear fender trimming..

Dubshot

The front will be the easy part but im curious as tohow you guys went about trimming the rear i have to clearence for 36 iroks.. I amrunning chevy 63's and i notice that the inner fender and outer fender on the rear tie into each other.. I basically want to keep the inside dry if possible.. I will be replacing the rear interior pieces with diamondt plating since I got a few sheets for free..

mines bobbed off.next it will be doved.why not buggy it out.then it stands out in a crowd

Well the 63's stick out there and I do like have my body stop and having frame and springs hangin out the back.. Id rather beat the piss out of the body until I get a tube bender personally.

I cut out the entire inner fender and rolled a new piece of sheet metal and welded it in. Cleared 37's with 63" springs no problem. Some guys cut out the fender and leave it open on the inside. I think I saw someone once sprayed construction foam in there to seal the gap.

Here's some pics.

P2200011.jpg

P2200008.jpg

P2200005.jpg

P2200015.jpg

P2200012.jpg

damn that turned out pretty good.. I have nover done any kind of body work however.. How long did it take for each side?