• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

85 superbobbed 4Runner (4sale)

Chris S

I Built this several years ago and have only had it out on 2 trail rides. It hasn't been out of my building in over a year and half so I'm putting it up for sale or trade. There is a build thread on here titled "supperbobbed 4Runner(aka burning Benjamin's)" or something to that nature. I feel the truck is built as well as can be as far as Toyota aftermarket parts go.

Back halved 85 4Runner with 1&3/4" Dom roll cage,reclining racing front seats,Corbuea harnesses( not installed) factory rear seats,duel diaphragm brake booster with Gm 1ton master cylinder,line lock for e brake,a pillar gauges,led rock lights,led flood lights, kenwood CD player with infinity marine 6"x9" speakers. Camera system that views both axles,front and rear smittybuilt xrc 9500# winches. Home made steel fuel tank that uses stock Tacoma fuel pump and sending unit.
140amp alternator, yellow top optima battery, Volvo 2 speed electric fan. I have factory doors and trail gear tube doors. Top has been cut down, fiberglassed and painted with bed liner material and slides through the back of the cage so you have a choice of top or no top. Heater works great, no AC. Painted with sunset pearl base coat clear coat.

120" wheelbase, 22&1/2" at transfer case skid plate,85" tall at the highest part of cage. probably loose 1/2"or so on both heights when aired down. Tires have 15lbs of air in them now for the sake of moving it around the shop easier. Weight is unknown

Axles
Dana 60 front, 456 gears ,Yukon grizzle locker,35 spline chromoly axles, 1 nitro u joint(pass side)1 Yukon joint(diver side)East coast gear drive flanges
14 bolt rear 456 gears, Detroit locker. Lug Nutts rear disk brake conversion,Barnes 4x4 pinion guard.Both axles have Barnes 4x4 diff covers

Engine,Transmisson,Transfer cases
3.4L v6 new timing belt,water pump, idler pulleys, tensioner, plugs wires and plugs. Obd2 plug is wired in to check codes and engine parameters. I made up all the gauges and dash compoinets when I cut the Tacoma engine harness down. Factory tach works but is off at high Rpms. This was verified by plugging into the obd2 plug with scanner.
R151 manual transmission with new clutch and flywheel. Both came from 01 Tacoma truck
trail gear transmission adapter to Toyota gear driven transfer cases,23 spline input shafts,RCV output shaft, 4.7to 1 kit in rear case, trail gear twin stick shifters with Heavy duty detent springs,trail gear duel case crossmember, driveshaft were made from Toyota flanges, trail gear u joints and sch80 conduit

Suspension
Front uses Barnes4x4 3 link kit with 7/8" joints , 2" Dom(.250 wall) lower links,1&3/4" Dom (.125 wall) upper link. 14" ORI struts
Rear uses Barnes4x4 4 link kit 7/8" joints, 2"Dom (.250 wall) lower links, 1&3/4" Dom(.125)upper links. 18" ORI struts

Steering
Trail gear full hydro kit. Double sheer high steer arms, ARP steering arm studs, spring elemantor kit

Wheels and Tires
Raceline beadlocks with super swamper tsl/sx 43" stickies. Bought new and still show as new with exception of 1 scratch on 1 of the bead locks

The truck runs great and seemed to work very well on the 2 rides I have had it on. The truck shows as new. I would consider some trades. Honda pioneer, Polaris ranger, corvette,gm 85-87 4x4 to restore,later model Gm diesel truck, Polaris slingshot,toyota Tacoma,4Runner,bass boat,pontoon boat,etc.I am not a ford fan but most anything would be considered. partial trade only on a side by side but would do a full trade or even put money with my truck for the right corvette or Gm diesel truck. I Will not trade for anything that has not been kept well!! I would rather sell straight out. I'm pricing my truck at what I have invested in parts alone which is $22,500. my name is Chris and can be reached at 931-273-3202 via text or phone call. Truck is located in Hillsboro Tn. 37342

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    472.8 KB · Views: 877
  • image.png
    image.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 729
  • image.png
    image.png
    4.8 MB · Views: 722
Re: 85 superbobbed 4Runner

More pic

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    594.7 KB · Views: 609
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    507.9 KB · Views: 623
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    562.2 KB · Views: 576

DAMN! That's a sweet Toyota build! Very clean work. Backup cams and all!

I do not know how I missed this, and can say this for sure, everything Chris does, he does right or he will not do it. :****: I wish I had the coin, GLWS.

The donor truck showed 195xxx. I put new timing belt kit(which included a water pump) plugs,plug wires,rear main seal and valve cover gaskets on it. Engine runs great. There is a build thread on here under the "tech and fab" section. It's on page 39 or 40.

Chris S said:
The donor truck showed 195xxx. I put new timing belt kit(which included a water pump) plugs,plug wires,rear main seal and valve cover gaskets on it. Engine runs great. There is a build thread on here under the "tech and fab" section. It's on page 39 or 40.

Link to build thread:
http://www.hardlinecrawlers.com/forums/index.php?topic=40531.0

Latest posts