• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

87 toy

joe37705

Well, crossed over to the cheaper side and bought a 87 toy pickup for $450. Some asshat ran it without water and blew the head gasket out of it. For now I'm gonna try to get it running and daily drive it for awhile to make sure everything ok on it.

Here's what it looked like when I picked it up.

Last edited:
Easy to run it without water, with no radiator.:haha:

Just fawkin' with you. Looks like a great project. Body looks sound, which is always a good sign...

Luckliy the moron took it all apart and left it that way for about 7 months. When I got there the motor was frozen, but we were able to free it with a little penatrating oil and get it turning.

I'm hoping I have most of the bolts and stuff but we'll see what happens. Anyway got it home and got it all cleaned up. The inside was real nice. Said asshat left the drivers side window open the whole time.

Jeepless helped tow it home for me since I don't have anything even close to a tow rig. Look in the mirror.

Last edited:
Easy to run it without water, with no radiator.:haha:

Just fawkin' with you. Looks like a great project. Body looks sound, which is always a good sign...

I figured :fawkdancesmiley: I was actually surprised the floor wasn't rotted out of it when I pulled the carpet.

:looser: It still smells funny.

Probably going to have to strip everything out and steam clean it. Maybe some bleach water in the nooks too. That should take care of most of the smell.

Do be careful, parked rigs are known to have animal inhabitants, that die.

Still, it looks great. $450? Where the fawk was I?

Pretty sweet deal! I looked forever for a fixer upper that nice and that complete. If a truck is priced like yours, it's one step from being scrap metal around here! I paid $1000 for my 87, but it is the turbo model! But mine came with a 89 bed, looked like crap!

Hell, even if you had to put a motor in, you'd be $ ahead!! :beer:

Yeah, lucked out and got the inside deal from someone at work. It was their daughters and had been sitting at their house for too long.:beer:

If you are missing head bolts & that kind of stuff I may have it in my bolt box.

Latest posts