• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired 89-95 Toy Cab needed

I

InDaShop

Needed 89-95 'Yota Single Cab.

If the price is right it can come from Kansas anytime, or back from Bama in about 6 weeks.

Clowning, CruiserTom had a little on trail boo boo on Saturday night.
IMG00005.jpg

blacksheep10 said:
can he find another cab at the scrapper and cut teh A's and B's off and make fit the doors again?
That too. wish I had done that. Mine was not near that bad, even with my shitty XO design that was not complete. . I just wanted a project to keep me out of the house I think. laughing1

he had it at my house yesterday to pick up a tarp to cover it. the driver side door is fawked up too wont shut totally dented in, fairly sure that that was the first thing to hit before the roll. so i think he needs the whole cab

Bones said:
I should have edited your reply down to,
Bones said:
. I just wanted a project to keep me out of the house I think. laughing1
and then put
blacksheep10 said:
I have no idea what you're talking about
as to why you would want to be out of the house, then sprinkle sarcasm liberally :flipoff1:

Yup...its messy. Nothing like fawking up a good truck. Well, it was gonna happen sometime. Just glad we did not get hurt real bad like. Just a few bumps and bruises.

Took the truck to my buddies body shop so he may be able to get a better look at it today. The a pillar is pushed back enough that the drivers door will not shut and on the other side there is about a 3/8" difference in the gap. I like the idea of just getting a roof from the junk yard along with door and some fenders, so I can get glass back in it.

Bones, why did you not like the cab swap? I know its a lot of damn work. Just wondering though

cruisertom said:
Bones, why did you not like the cab swap? I know its a lot of damn work. Just wondering though
It was simple. I just took too long changing **** up. beef up the steering box mount, new sliders, tubed firewall, need a bed since I went to a PU cab, relocate body mounts, re wire ****, make a slave cyl mount since my free cab was an auto, new fenders, paint, new glass, int. cage, seats. the list goes on. Just took me out for too long.

Miss that pile though.
132977715_6CZha-L.jpg

I am still looking at options and trying to find some junk in town. Just don't want to spend a **** load of money that I ain't got. I still think the roof swap and some fenders and doors from the junker will be the best way to go. Gonna have my body man look at it and see what the best route will be. He's good and knows I'm a broke ass fireman. So $$$$ is the issue. I use it for work as well as playing. I'll keep y'all posted. Thanks for looking up that way for some parts.

are you opposed to a 1st gen cab? reg cab to reg cab's bolt right up.

are you worried about legalities with the cab VIN and the frame? I never worried. I went from an 86 4runner to an 87?? Xcab and just junked the 4runner and registered it as a truck. frame VIN still there. no issues.

not opposed totally but I do like the line of 89-95. had a 93 4-runner and loved the **** out of it. dad bought it new and I got several years later. I was gonna ask if they would bolt up. What about a 1st gen runner body? will it bolt up?

cruisertom said:
not opposed totally but I do like the line of 89-95. had a 93 4-runner and loved the **** out of it. dad bought it new and I got several years later. I was gonna ask if they would bolt up. What about a 1st gen runner body? will it bolt up?
4runner/reg cab front 2 mounts will bolt right up assuming yours is a reg cab (can't tell), but the rear two mounts on the truck to 4runner will have to be all redone. Plus the wiring from the 4runner will all be needed.

I bet you can find an 89-95 cab easy enough with some looking for cheap. I'd scab on a cab from the A/B pillars like Blacksheep said and get some straight doors an use yours for half doors if they work and you want them. get a cage in it and not look back. My int cage took some decent hits and a roll and never moved and it was simple and not even tied into the frame. I would not do what these nuts are doing on this board with that setup but it worked for me 4+ years ago. here it is not long after being parted. :( Damn the rood dents came out well!

132978862_Zddeg-M.jpg

132978886_nw2Av-M.jpg

Just some constructive criticism...
If cab carnage happened the first time.. will it not happen again???
Why not just hack the top of the doors.... Inner cage w/ a soft top...
Affordable and removable... ;D
Just have your rain suit handy... :flipoff1:

I'm gonna try to find a cab and cut the a's and b's and go that route. I've also got a call into my body guy and see what his opinion is. If he thinks I can just do the pillars and door I'll be golden. The other option is I can get a 2nd gen runner body all day here but that might be more than I care to get into. Could always back half the runner and weld some crap up on it but sounds like a pain in the ass to me. I am leaning towards the first choice if its possible.

Convertable? Not a big fan of getting wet anymore. I've had a few 40's and been down that road. plus I got kids and I don't want them to be subjected to gettin wet. If I got a chance to roll up windows and ride in a controlled climate, I'm diggin it.

Still, when its done gonna put a cage in it fo sho. In or out.

thanks for the input and keepin y'alls eyes open

Last time around I was his cage builder. This time around I'm in a different job and dont even have time for my own ****. I wish I coulda cage'd this truck for Tommy before this happened.

I know Cabot is needing his CJ caged up. We may both have to take a friday and monday off work, and just clear the calendars. Make the wives bring us lunch at the shop for quality family time, and get it done.