• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Sold/Expired 89-95 Toy Cab needed

blacksheep10 said:
did tom sell the blue 40 :eek: ???
Yeah the clown traded it for the now rolled pickup. I was not exactly thrilled by the move, nor was his wife, but it was his to do with as he pleased.
I think I MillerLocked the rear diff on the 40, and heard the next week it was gone. I wanted to ass punch him. The truck is substantially more capable.

happy she was not but the truck is (was?) much more capable. Put the call into the body shop waiting on a return call. Sucks cause right now my 80 is down as well...head gasket. Getting it back from the machine shop tomorrow afternoon. Had it decked and the valves done. guy said to bring the cams and he will adjust the valves and set the cams. Not to bad. Just sucks having one car right now. hope to have the 80 together by Friday evening latest by Sunday.

Found a roof and I don't think I'm gonna need doors. Not sure yet. Found fenders in town for a place that sells knock off ****, $50 for both. Not to bad. Still may be a few weeks before its back on my driveway. Thanks for all of y'alls help and advice. I'll get some progress pics up when I can.

I think you'll be way happier with just doing the top of the cab is a competent person puts it on. I think someone said it, but cage it before your weld teh top on. Seriously, that's the problem with internal cages, you can't weld the top of the joint unless the roof is cut off. thumb.gif

blacksheep10 said:
you can't weld the top of the joint unless the roof is cut off. thumb.gif

Sure you can. Cut holes in the floor and let the legs extend through, weld the cage as needed. Move cage back into position, attach the floor mounting plates to both sides of the floor, then tie to the frame below.

As Tommy's past cage builder. I agree, do it before the new top is on for good. But he'll need to have someone else rock this one out, I got no time for my own ****.

Glad you found a roof Thomas!

as tommy's buddy and his wifes coworker i can almost assure you that he has to get it back together quickly which means he will either do the cage later or he will exo cage it. i say this only because while driving said truck he neglected to get his fj 80's head gasket fixed while he had the truck to drive. he is currently elbows deep in said head gasket and having the head milled, and the family is down to his wifes landcruiser. . . . . good times :flipgotcha: