• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

911 call at evans last night. Never go wheeling alone!

nate8887

So last night I get a call from my brother saying he saw two guys walking down from evans and he picked them up. They supposedly had thier wives and kids up there in the cherokee running so they wouldnt freeze to death and thier rig is stuck. (This is at 1030 at night of course) So I call the cops because I dont wanna be up there by myself with two guys I dont know and next thing you know I am being beating and my **** is being stolen. The 911 dispatcher says the peirce county sheriff will do absolutely nothing about this unless the guys that are up thier call. (they wouldnt) So here is the situation I am in, leaving kids and wives up in the snow to freeze to death. Or going up and risking my safety with no assistance from the police. I went up and indeed there rig was stuck on the begining of 311 at the campground and there were kids and wives in it and everyone was okay luckily. The only reason why I am telling this story is because I want to know why our officers who are suppose to serve and protect are not authorized to do such in cases like this? Can anyone help answer that?

You are relaying hearsay information.

It would be prudent for the 911 operator to get it directly from those parties whom are indeed stuck.

Now I would feel differently, if the hearsay info was a bank robbery, or whatever, but this doesn't seem that odd to me.

Ask yourself this question; "They wouldn't", Why not? Why wouldn't the guys who were stuck call 911 to report their situation? If MY wife and kid were stuck in a ditch, I'd have NO problem calling.

Last edited:
Ask yourself this question; "They wouldn't", Why not? Why wouldn't the guys who were stuck call 911 to report their situation? If MY wife and kid were stuck in a ditch, I'd have NO problem calling.

This is key, why wouldn't they call? Were they worried about a bill? Were they worried about being around LEO's? Something shady going on there...

You are relaying hearsay information.

It would be prudent for the 911 operator to get it directly from those parties whom are indeed stuck.

Now I would feel differently, if the hearsay info was a bank robbery, or whatever, but this doesn't seem that odd to me.

I agree with you whole heartedly. But not everybody thinks about the importance of life or their loved ones. But should a child be put at risk because its parents are stupid. So now the responsibility of the police falls on a citizen who does not have the correct equipment if something goes wrong. Either way pierce county sheriff and the national forest service has reached out to the wheeling community numerous times over the last 20 years. Why when a member of the wheeling community asks for help are they not there. Jim putman maybe at the next forestry meeting we can discuss. I will be there hope to see ya!

This is what we ended up doing but i should have to grab my guns load up my truck and worry if i am going to have to use a weapon when i am being a good samiratan.

Obviosly i made a conscious decision to put myself in danger but i feel like this could be handled by the sheriffs office a little deferently in remote areas. What ever happened to the evans creek search and rescue thing that was being put together jim and what was the plan for that?

So hang up and call 9-1-1 back and tell the dispatch it is YOU who are stuck, can someone be sent to rescue me?

This is key, why wouldn't they call? Were they worried about a bill? Were they worried about being around LEO's? Something shady going on there...

Cuz they was DRUNK!! (at least as far as .08 is concerned)

+one more for NOOBS creating bad press and safety issues at Evans.

Its who the park attracts. I dont make the stats, I just comment on them.