• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

92 Rodeo... suggestions?

AaronCDC

been a while since i posted but my clutch went out and took me a while to track down what i needed.... but in the end it was a 260 dollar clutch set and a 100 dollar flywheel. ( i know probably not most expensive clutch set compared to others but is worth saying).

but anyways. im fixing up my rig. i put all new sensors. new starter. going to do all gaskets. and this week HOPEFULLY all new exhaust. i have a guy that well do it... and since no emissions in my county... no cat :D but he will do it with a flowmaster. wondering if any suggestions on what size piping i should have him use?

also gettin a nice brush guard for 50 bones. any suggestions on if i should put lights on it? if yes what kind? i just wanna make my rig look good and make it look like what its made for.

and for now... as far as i can remember to put in here. im possibly looking for someone that can make a decent looking snorkel for my rig? if i can id like some prices and what not for labor.... im sure i can get the piping.... also i live down in shelton so travel is possible just please put into account how far it is.

thank you for reading. sorry for how long it is but i did try to keep it pretty well spaced.

UPDATE: do to stupid people i wont b getting the brush guard. they said they would hold it for me for 3 weeks... that was 2 days ago... i just called to say i would pick it up today and o get this.... ITS GONE>... a**holes... o well.

Last edited:
What engine you got? I've got a 94 that someone on here was giving away.. It ran like ass and had a small steam line busted off so it acted like it had a blown head gasket. Fresh gas, cleaned plugs and a lot of pedal to the floor time and now it runs like a scalded dog. :D

its got the 3.1 v6 93 to i believe 97 was the 3.2... just finding parts for this thing i have learned alot about these lol. changing the starter was a pain. i know i can take off the skid plates but the whole under carriage is skid plate lol so i just played tetris with my arms and the starter and i wanna know why the wires are all ON TOP the starter lol makes it just that much more fun i guess. yeah they run pretty good i love my rig... 2 inch body lift but came stock with 31 x 10.5 x 15's and the tires are new.

WTF do you need a body lift for? I turned the torsion bar bolts in 4 complete turns for about an inch of lift and beat the fenders back for 33's. :redneck:

This pic is from before I cranked up the torsions..

P6070168.jpg

WTF do you need a body lift for? I turned the torsion bar bolts in 4 complete turns for about an inch of lift and beat the fenders back for 33's. :redneck:

whoa i might need to be shown how to do that. lol.. the 2 inch is how i got the rig... only payed 750 for it :D from a friend. now he is jealous im fixing it up lol. but hmmm an inch wouldnt b too bad.... but i like keeping the 31's .... 33's would b nice but im gettin about 400 miles per tank dont need that goin away lol. i know it wouldnt change much but meh i like it. best 4 wheeler ive owned. ive owned a couple

Your Rodeo is a bit of a morphodite. It has a GM 10-bolt rear rather than the Dana 44 found on the the later Rodeos. It is not a big deal to swap in a Dana 44 from a later Rodeo or an Isuzu 12-bolt which is at least as beefy as the Dana 44. Either one of which would get you disc brakes for the rear.

You have an Isuzu 10-bolt front. There are both ARB and Aussie lockers available for that axle.

You can also get a crawler gear set for the t-case.

It is possible to go to 35s with the IFS, but probably not advisable, particularly since I believe you have 4.30 gears in the Rodeo. If you choose to crank the torsion bars a lot, it is advisable to lengthen your front axle brackets to keep the cv angles reasonable. You can make those yourself if you have some welding skills. You can also put on ball joint spacers and move the ball joints to gain more lift in the front.

The weak points of your front axle are the tie-rods. There are some really beefy aftermarket tierods available.

Your Rodeo is a bit of a morphodite. It has a GM 10-bolt rear rather than the Dana 44 found on the the later Rodeos. It is not a big deal to swap in a Dana 44 from a later Rodeo or an Isuzu 12-bolt which is at least as beefy as the Dana 44. Either one of which would get you disc brakes for the rear.

You have an Isuzu 10-bolt front. There are both ARB and Aussie lockers available for that axle.

You can also get a crawler gear set for the t-case.

It is possible to go to 35s with the IFS, but probably not advisable, particularly since I believe you have 4.30 gears in the Rodeo. If you choose to crank the torsion bars a lot, it is advisable to lengthen your front axle brackets to keep the cv angles reasonable. You can make those yourself if you have some welding skills. You can also put on ball joint spacers and move the ball joints to gain more lift in the front.

The weak points of your front axle are the tie-rods. There are some really beefy aftermarket tierods available.

lol never heard that term before.... sounds like all great ideas... i have my rig going into the exhaust shop on monday at 9 am. any ideas on what size pipe i should use and muffler? i was gunna use a flowmaster or the guy suggested a big dog? also heard dual. but i heard single is better if i wanna keep performancE? i unno. just need some ideas on that.

lol never heard that term before.... sounds like all great ideas... i have my rig going into the exhaust shop on monday at 9 am. any ideas on what size pipe i should use and muffler? i was gunna use a flowmaster or the guy suggested a big dog? also heard dual. but i heard single is better if i wanna keep performancE? i unno. just need some ideas on that.

I have a ford ranger its a 3.0 and I am running headers, 2.5in into test pipes(fake lookin cat) into an Xpipe into 2 flowmaster 40serioes mufflers and out the back under the bumber. So i used 2.5 from the headers the testpipe then 2.25in back from that. I would really considering putting in an Xpipe or Hpipe in your exhaust.

Doing this will help balance out your motor even everything out and it will run smoother, with better power numbers. ITs worth it.

just my .02cents, I have had aftermakret exhaust on all my rigs.(11of them)

I have a ford ranger its a 3.0 and I am running headers, 2.5in into test pipes(fake lookin cat) into an Xpipe into 2 flowmaster 40serioes mufflers and out the back under the bumber. So i used 2.5 from the headers the testpipe then 2.25in back from that. I would really considering putting in an Xpipe or Hpipe in your exhaust.

Doing this will help balance out your motor even everything out and it will run smoother, with better power numbers. ITs worth it.

just my .02cents, I have had aftermakret exhaust on all my rigs.(11of them)

sounds sweet.... o and county im in we dont have emissions laws... so cat is going to one of them invisible ones.. eh ehm lol.... but ill have him look at it.. i think it should be possible on my rig... dont need headers really though. i mean i could but my rig does good power wise already.

sounds sweet.... o and county im in we dont have emissions laws... so cat is going to one of them invisible ones.. eh ehm lol.... but ill have him look at it.. i think it should be possible on my rig... dont need headers really though. i mean i could but my rig does good power wise already.

yeah i picked up the headers not for the power but for the sound!!!

This is no JOKE NO BS I have had no 6-8 grown adults come up and ask me what kinda of V8 I had in my little ranger. . . haha I just look and say 3liters of fury baby:haha:

Goodluck man and go with the flowmaster you wont be disappointed:cool:

yeah i picked up the headers not for the power but for the sound!!!

This is no JOKE NO BS I have had no 6-8 grown adults come up and ask me what kinda of V8 I had in my little ranger. . . haha I just look and say 3liters of fury baby:haha:

Goodluck man and go with the flowmaster you wont be disappointed:cool:

lol. maybe next years tax return ill get the headers or if i get a better job. lol. but the guy is doing all this work for 159:D

lol. maybe next years tax return ill get the headers or if i get a better job. lol. but the guy is doing all this work for 159:D

when you get it done you should post some pics, would love 2 see how it turns out!!!

Goodluck bro and that is one hell ofa deal for exhaust:cool:

when you get it done you should post some pics, would love 2 see how it turns out!!!

Goodluck bro and that is one hell ofa deal for exhaust:cool:

id praise him more but dont wanna get trouble for promoting business lol. but he has done all my work on all my cars. had a supra he did for 60.. he straight piped and threw on a muffler.

id praise him more but dont wanna get trouble for promoting business lol. but he has done all my work on all my cars. had a supra he did for 60.. he straight piped and threw on a muffler.

You started the thread, If you want to take a few pics, and post 'em up, no problem there! :awesomework:

You started the thread, If you want to take a few pics, and post 'em up, no problem there! :awesomework:

sweet not a prob... will do.. and ill b sure to take pics while work is in progress... before and after and during... he also did my friends 94 K5 with dual exhaus from front to back for like 460... good deal if ya ask me. but my friend also likes the expensive big stuff lol.... ill see if i can get pics of that too.

..... is there anyone good at making custom snorkels on here?

Post only pics of your exhaust/rig, not your buddy's:;....if your buddy wants to show his off, then get him to sign up and post pics of his exhaust...or whatever!:cool:
Also, when you actually start buildin' your rig up post an actuall build thread in the Garage (where you started this thread)...Go check out a few of 'em, you'll get the idea of what a build thread consists of.:awesomework:

Post only pics of your exhaust/rig, not your buddy's:;....if your buddy wants to show his off, then get him to sign up and post pics of his exhaust...or whatever!:cool:
Also, when you actually start buildin' your rig up post an actuall build thread in the Garage (where you started this thread)...Go check out a few of 'em, you'll get the idea of what a build thread consists of.:awesomework:

ok cool not a prob... well do.

yeah go flowmaster 2.25 inch and go to carys tire in shelton he does good work for super cheap. if you stopped out i could show you how to crank those torsion bars up.