• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

93 bronco build

BroncoBoy2887

so this is my favorite of my 3 broncos its the all mighty 5th gen

i bought this one for only $700. she had went through hell with the previous owner so i rescued it and put a lil money into her and did some wheeling and dealing to get her to where she is currently.

let me start off with some info, its a 93 xlt full size bronco, 302 5.0, 4x4(obviously), 4" lift( unsure of brand) 33x12.50x15(brand new bighorns) E40D(rebuilt installed a few months ago)

WHAT IT NEEDED:
when i picked this truck upit needed a heck of a lot more than just TLC i had to replace the transmission, water pump, starter, starter solenoid, engine speed sensor,exhaust, air intake box and hoses, tires, ball joints, rear main seal, etc etc the list goes on and on, but the body was in great shape and so was the interior

WHAT I DID(MECHANICAL): I replaced all of the above mentioned other than the exhaust and the ball joints, i just sprung a nasty oil leak from my oil pan gasket and anyone that knows about these particular vehicles you pretty much have to take the engine out just to do said oil pan gasket, so i figured what the heck might as well do an entire seal kit while its out, so this week ill be picking up my kit some fresh oil and a filter and im gonna get the wild hair up my ass to paint the engine while its out so ill end up doing that too, my exhaust also comes in this week im going to do a complete exhaust replacing everything from the manifolds and going to headers all the way to the exhaust tip. damn that was a little chunk of change spent all at once :puke:

WHAT ELSE I HAVE DONE:
i have rigged up a light bar on the roof,im kicking it old school for now without the LED setup, ran it to its own fuse panel and relay.

taken some old junk military vehicle parts from scrap and fabricated them to my use in my truck(i have pics)

ive removed all the carpet, stripped the paint out of the bed area behind the front seats and back with some good ole kick ass aircraft remover, man oh man is that sh*t brutal lol, i ordered raptor liner and layed down a few good coats of bed armor,still waiting to do the front until after the exhaust has been installed.

turned my shoulder seat belts in the rear into double lap belts cause i plan on keeping the top off a lot :D

MY IDEAS FOR MY RIG:
i consider this not only one of my many toys but also a recreational, camping, cruising, bug out rig.

with me being in the mechanized infantry unit in the army i get the opportunity to dig through all the old bent and beat up damaged body parts that get thrown into the trash pile, a few papers signed later and i have some pretty neat parts for my bronco

i have thought up and also have researched many ideas for add ons to my rig. everything from secret compartments to custom bumpers, skid plates, spare tire racks roof racks all kinda stuff :stirpot:

but enough of me blabbing time for pics:beer:

WHEN I PICKED IT UP:

zn_profile1.jpg

TOPS OFF:

20150510_0824581.jpg

LITTLE BIT OF WORK:

LIGHTS-
20150510_1653481.jpg

20150520_2057361.jpg

CARPET REMOVAL
20150510_0824191.jpg

DIRTY AS HELL :puke:
20150510_0824371.jpg

ALL CLEANED UP
PLASTIC SIDES??? NO SAYS I!!!:fawkdancesmiley:
20150510_1223071.jpg

STRIPPING DOWN THE PAINT:
20150517_1339021.jpg

1ST COAT OF RAPTOR LINER:
20150517_1505281.jpg

2ND COAT:
INSTALLED AN INVERTER TOO
20150517_1707261.jpg

PAINTED THE GRILLE:
20150510_1722321.jpg

BEZEL RACK OFF THE STRYKER:
20150519_1858301.jpg

20150519_1858131.jpg

NEW TIRES AND SOME DECENT RIMS I PICKED UP:
20150518_1924021.jpg

MOCK UP OF NEXT ADD ON(S):
20150519_1959301.jpg

20150519_1959441.jpg

PUT IN BUT NOT MOUNTED ROLL BAR(excuse my ugly ass friends lol):looser:
20150510_1359091.jpg

thats all ive got for now but definitely more and more to come!!!

Last edited:
Good choice on using the round lights, I like it. Those military shelf deals are pretty neat. Keep up the good work. :awesomework:

I see your washer fluid tank is broken like mine too. Same spot.

Find yourself a 91 or older bronco seat, and you can ditch those shoulder harness assemblies completely. The pre-92's had the seatbeats built into the seat, and they drop right in. Thats what I did with mine.

Something else you can do is find yourself a 96 OBD-II engine harness and computer and you can convert to Mass Air. Allows you to modify the motor a little bit more than the current speed density setup you have now. One of those back burner, fall into the parts for cheap kind of projects tho. 302 and 351 parts generally interchange.

Two of the most rare car parts in modern ford history are from your generation bronco. Blinker Mirrors, and rear cargo cover. The blinker mirrors only came on the last few 96s out the door, and the cargo cover was a dealer piece that no one bought and ford didnt make many of. Guys pay 100s of dollars for those on ebay for even broken ones.

If you wanna get super crazy with the suspension, check out solo motorsports coil-over conversion. I'd love to do this with mine. http://www.solomotorsports.com/products/ford/bronco/84-96-4x/

Good choice on using the round lights, I like it. Those military shelf deals are pretty neat. Keep up the good work. :awesomework:

thank you, my next step is taking the engine out, replacing the oil pan gasket with the bad ass blue rubber felpro gasket and while im at it im gonna do the oil pump and the pick up tube

Nice rig. Those old Broncs are sweet.

i have 2 4th gens and then this 5th gen, i came across a 96 xlt but it was in pretty rough shape, coulda snagged it for a decent price but im using that money to enhance my 93

I see your washer fluid tank is broken like mine too. Same spot.

Find yourself a 91 or older bronco seat, and you can ditch those shoulder harness assemblies completely. The pre-92's had the seatbeats built into the seat, and they drop right in. Thats what I did with mine.

Something else you can do is find yourself a 96 OBD-II engine harness and computer and you can convert to Mass Air. Allows you to modify the motor a little bit more than the current speed density setup you have now. One of those back burner, fall into the parts for cheap kind of projects tho. 302 and 351 parts generally interchange.

Two of the most rare car parts in modern ford history are from your generation bronco. Blinker Mirrors, and rear cargo cover. The blinker mirrors only came on the last few 96s out the door, and the cargo cover was a dealer piece that no one bought and ford didnt make many of. Guys pay 100s of dollars for those on ebay for even broken ones.

If you wanna get super crazy with the suspension, check out solo motorsports coil-over conversion. I'd love to do this with mine. http://www.solomotorsports.com/products/ford/bronco/84-96-4x/
i have an 89 parts truck and a 91 im working a deal with my buddy on, hes desperate to have one now haha so im definitely thinking about yanking that seat out of my parts truck before i sell it cause i have most of what i need out of it

and im gonna take a look at that link here shortly

soooo yea, thats bad ass butttttttt that costs 3x more than what i have in the truck :mad:

thats still cheaper than a sand rail, and I can use it as a truck too. I spend a ton of time in the sand in Oregon and AZ desert. so a soft ride will be a must in the future.

Just ran up forest road 7720 today and really wish I had something softer. That road is rough.

update:

exhaust is taking longer than i had originally wanted but oh well went to the parts store and got a new oil pump and pick-up tube , might as well change em out while i have it open to do the oil pan gasket

found some extra stryker tie down brackets in a units scrap pile and im gonna fabricate a way to use them to mount my power inverter
pics to come on the mounting set up