• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

93 Honda Accord brake question

Digger 5

The brake pedal on my 93 Accord (4dr LX with Disc/drum, Auto w/150K)is very low and won't stop quickly the car in a hard braking situation. When you push hard it feels like the pedal is hitting the stops. The fluid level is great and no leaks are evident anywhere. The front pads have about 20K on them and look fine. The rear shoes could be original but have plenty of shoe remaining. The rear adjusters are working and adjusted properly. The vacuum booster doesn't seem to leak as there aren't any vacuum leaks in the system. Pedal pressure is still pretty light but just low and not working well. I know I'm missing something but I've looked pretty hard to find anything that looks worn or leaky. I'm thinking the master cyl is bad but I've never had a bad one that didn't also have an external leak. The dash brake light has never come on.
I don't drive the car often as my 17 Y.O. uses it as his daily transportation but the pedal does seem substantially lower than it did the last time I drove it. Do any of you brake guys have any advice?

Master cylinders leaking internally are a pretty common occurance on these......don't forget to bench bleed the new one before installing....

Well these guys nailed it, Master cylinder is my 90% guess if that doesn't work I would check the brake pedal assembly itself. I have had one lose all the tension on it and felt sloppy as hell.