• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

95 3.0 wont start

Hmm....I just turned the distributor all the way clock wise for giggles and this bitch tried to start.....is this ****er 180 out??? Does the dist drive off the crank or the cams?

Last edited:
The dist runs off the driver's side cam...and yes, the timing could be off...remove the #1 plug, roll the engine over til you feel air pushing out the hole...just when it quits pushing will be TDC#1 compression stroke---pull cap and see which contact the rotor is pointing at...

There is no crank position sensor on the 3VZ-E. The timing can be off 180* if it has been screwed around with. Remove the upper timing cover to check for cam timing and t-belt tension. Once the cover is off you'll be able to time the distributor too. Have you checked the ignition coil's resistance?

The t belt broke and started to be replaced, thats where I picked it up, thought it was in right but since messing with the timing Im not so sure, hence the question about it being off. I think the coil is fine being it tried to start.

I know it was a PITA when I did my timing belt right. Looks like you are at least tearing it down enough to check that:booo::booo:

Do you have any idea what your doing? Checking timing is pretty basic.

Yes thank you, I know what the **** Im doing, but Ive NEVER work on a 3.0 toy. The confusion is that some one else put the ****ing belt on. Tbe reson I asked about a crank position sensor is it is possible to have the timing 180 out....on some engines, Im asking if that is possible on this engine. Cause something doesnt make sense here. Get me now?

Ok, double checked the timing, its fine. Primary resistance at the coil is .6 should be .36 to .55 ....to far out? Secondary is 11.77, should be 9.0 to 15.4 so that fine. Do I throw a $60 coil at it?

Welp, got her to fire and run a couple times but thats with the throttle half open and feathering. Its Still not a happy camper though.

You said you had fuel. Did you ever actually check pressure? Should be 42-45psi. If low pinch off the return line and see if it will run. Good spot is off the regulator, small chunk of rubber hose there.

:
You said you had fuel. Did you ever actually check pressure? Should be 42-45psi. If low pinch off the return line and see if it will run. Good spot is off the regulator, small chunk of rubber hose there.

Wasnt that. I found a sensor with a broken wire, its on the back if the engine, behind the intake, next to temp sensor, blue plug with single wire coming out. Is this the start injector time switch?

Last edited: