• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

96 Grand Cherokee Prob.help!!!!!!!!!!!

jeepster72

Started missing found inj. wires rubbed through and touching.Have fixed the wires but can not get a pulse.have low constant voltage just enough for a test light but no flash.any idea's would be great dont want to take it to a shop or start throwing parts at it.:wtf: HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have you looked at the wires where they plug into the harness? They may have burned up there. (at the opposite side of the injector)

started to but ran out of daylight,no shop at home.friend of mine thats a tech thinks it burnt the quad driver in the computer.i dont want to spend $500 that i dont have with out knowing thats it.told i cant put a wrecking yard one in it because there flash programed to the vin.but i dont know for shure.:mad:

Give me a Call in the Morning. I'll PM you my number. My 96 grand had the same exact problem. I'm an electronics tech by trade and fixed my own computer. I still have 2 brand new divers. Maybe we can work something out. Was it cyclinder number #8 by chance?

Here's the link of my repair....Mine happened to die on the Rubicon 3 years ago and I drove it home on 7 cyclinders. Those were some good times.

I just went looking for the link but I guess it gone. Anyways I might be able to fix it for you.

Corey

Look at the link above. It's pretty easy to follow. If that's the same problem I could just mail you one of the parts if you feel like taking it on yourself or have a friend or someone locally install it for you. That way you don't have to come to Kent. The hardest part is just getting the thing open with out damaging the flex print. Just an idea. Trying to save you a bunch of gas money. I'll mail it to you for free.

Latest posts