• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

A/C in an XJ

Blueleader

2000-ish XJ with the 4.0L.

The shop kid at work blew up something on his A/C pump clutch and is looking for the cheapest way to get back on the road. Do the non-A/C rigs simply use a different belt that bypasses the A/C pump or is there an idler pulley in place of the pump?

I believe, here is an idler pulley in its place, but im not 100 percent sure about that. does it look like is can run a smaller belt and work properly? (angles,length?)

2000-ish XJ with the 4.0L.

The shop kid at work blew up something on his A/C pump clutch and is looking for the cheapest way to get back on the road. Do the non-A/C rigs simply use a different belt that bypasses the A/C pump or is there an idler pulley in place of the pump?

Go to a salvage yard, and pick up another compressor...it's pretty rare these just fail for no reason in particular...I am not sure about 2000ish rigs, but I know in the late 80's-early 90's they just used an idler pulley in place of the a/c compressor...

if it just the pulley magnetec thingy i got one from my old 87 4.0 here for free.

if it just the pulley magnetec thingy i got one from my old 87 4.0 here for free.

Wont fit.. 87-90 ac pumps are bolted from front to back...91 n newer have 4 bolts from top to bottom....

Junk yard and get a cheap one...:awesomework:

Latest posts