• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

A couple questions about small block Chevy exhaust! Need advise ASAP nOn way to buy parts.

kushKrawlin

Sorry this is very late notice and I appreciate any advice!!! Ok so I'm on my way to Summit racing, to grab a few things. I'm notorious for buying the wrong parts, so I Was hoping to get some advice on exhaust.. Kind of a last minute trip , the old lady want to do something so I suggested summit. Ha. God she's awesome. Anyway 400 small block, was wondering if I could run two pipes into one muffler, so I don't have to cram everything like with 2 mufflers. I have been told by a few of my buddiesthat I could but I don't trust them for some reason! molaugh. If anyone has a small block that has went to one muffler or even if you just know about motors feel free to chime in. I did a little research, Just couldn't find the exact answer about running one muffler. It read about using too big of exhaust pipe and doing more harm than doing good.. Also was wondering if anyone had experience with a muffler Thats more on the quiet side tha flow masters that I have now? Couldn't find the thread about that same thing on here a wile back. There are times where we ride that we do not want to raise hell and get attention from neighbors and such. That and everyone in the state of Georgia has flow masters I think?? :****: Any advice would be awesome as I am redoing my exhaust. Thanks fellas!!

Any dual 2.5 inlet/single 3in outlet muffler should be fine. Sound is a personal preference, I can't help you there. Do you have idea what your exhaust diameter is now?

Most Buggys that have exhaust have shorty headers and a 2 into 1 pipe going into a 3" muffler. I have a borla on mine and it's a little quiter than a flow master.

Sweet thanks for the advice I'm here now.. Right now I have two flow masters, I THINK I let is 3 and so is outlet. I had to put a adapter to make The smaller exhaust pipe go up to size. I'm definitely going to see which 2 into 1 mufflers they have in stock .. So from the headers just the pipes straight to each side of the muffler correct?

Well I got the pipe and a cheAp ass muffler .. Due to the store closing and the guy behind the "customer help" counter pretty much telling me what to get. I swear EVERYTIME I come to summit I leave sayin I'm gonna just order off the web from now on. Patience is somthin I lack bad. Thank god we have the Internet.

This is exactly what I have in my buggy. Actually PO of the chassis put the exhaust together, and it worked well for my drivetrain, so I left it. He had a single in single out flowmaster, and he cut a second hole in it, and made it a two in one out. It is quiet at idle, but sounds great when your on the gas. I would have never thought of it myself, but it works great.

Re: A couple questions about small block Chevy exhaust! Need advise ASAP nOn way to buy parts.

rednecklights said:
An h pipe or x pipe sure sounds better ... Think mustangs vs a Camaro .... Just saying
Joe was telling me about that piper. Trying to explain how X and H pipes work. And I'm more wanting the Camaro sound. I like to be sneaky and did not have all the attention on me on some of the local places we ride. It kind of helps not letting The whole county know where we are. The dipstick at Summit recommends that I put the stock muffler back on. :****: that's when I realized that I was talking to a retired AutoZone parts counter guy!! Haha.