• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

a couple toyota questions

J_SIN

#1. is the turbo 22RE good for wheelin or just another thing to mess up?

#2. Can thier automatic tranny be built to handle mild wheelin duties or is it just too weak? any aftermarket support for them?

#1. is the turbo 22RE good for wheelin or just another thing to mess up?

#2. Can thier automatic tranny be built to handle mild wheelin duties or is it just too weak? any aftermarket support for them?

1# I would think you'd have to do some turbo changing to make sure it spooled at the correct rpms to make it efficient in wheeling, even for the mud.

2# I think that the auto would be alright for "mild" wheeling. (everyone has a different definition of mild)
(

Stuff

Well I agree about the turbo refinements needed.
But about the trans., It's the same transmission used in Supras and holds up fine, also very common in Jeeps with the 4.0 that is often pumped up.

alright. well I guess I'll stay away from the turbo one and if its an automatic I wont worry about it too much.

X2 with the turbo...and same with the transmission...just remember your gearing decisions in the front, rear, and T-case plus wheel size is the big factors...

gearing

I have a 22R with a Weber, Offy and header connected to a A340 and put in 4.88's and I should of went to 5.29's or even lower. The OD is way high and I can only use it on flat highway. But then again I didn't build this for highway driving, I just need to remember to take the backroads to the mtns.

Latest posts