• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

A wheeler trying to make a difference. YankeeDoodle.US

Naughty_Finger

I am a wheeler, small business owner, American and a father...well, father thing in the next week or so. As a wheeler I try to buy American parts. As a business owner I never complain about prices because I know the economy is tough and the markup on custom off road parts is really not that high. For the last couple years I have bitched and complained about the economy and the govt taxing the crap out of me. When I found out my wife was pregnant that change to concern. What will it be like when she is in high school,college,older etc,.. Scary.

Since I own a web development company and am a programmer I decided to take an idea I had and try to make it a reality. It started when I was in the shower. I looked at the shower curtain and saw "made in China" ... I started thinking. Where can I get one made in the USA? Is there one made in the USA? Where do I look to even see if one is made in the USA? The answers are, dunno,dunno, and nowhere. That's how I came up with Yankedoodle.us.

I have been working on this project for months. I am at a point where I need to get the word out about it,we have a Facebook page, Google plus, YouTube and twitter. The website is built and formatted. I have a lot of programming and leg work left but I think its time to let people know its coming. Please check out the website and read the info pages. Go ahead and click through. I only ask that you"like" and "share" the Facebook page for YankeeDoodleUS. Its a free site and I have been building with my own time and paying for it out of my own pocket. I am just trying to make a difference.

Thank you for reading this and checking out my project. Links are below.

Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/yankeedoodleus
Website - http://www.Yankeedoodle.us

Awesome man!

I'd wouldn't put the word out til it was full on ready to launch though, someone with more resources could scoop up this idea and steal your millions!

My millions? No money man... it's free companies put their products up for free. People use it for free.. As far as trying to steal it goes.. I risk that even if it was built but it has taken a LOT of resources just to come up with the concept, architecture and built it.. I am sure you wonder why it's free? Simple... why not.

Love the enthusiasm! Been in manufacturing for over 20 years now & have seen a lot of companies go by the wayside because of China & others. Global trade is a necessity, in order for the world to function properly, but many large companies have taken it to the extreme....all for $1.00. It's definitely not the glory days of "mom & pop shops" anymore, but we need to get some of that back!

Not to burst your bubble, but I've accessed this website over the years. http://www.americanmadematters.com/index.php

Now, they've used this to make a buck by charging for memberships & such. It's sort of a craigslist @ a price. I think there's enough space in the market for multiple sites, especially FREE ones, so I wish you all the luck in the world! I will definitely "share" your page to everyone I know, because it's a cause worth fighting for. thumb.gif

You aren't bursting my bubble. I have seen that site and many other sites that sell American products. My model is very different. I'm in the process of doing a video walk through on how it works. I'm not charging anyone anything. It's free. It's also a LOT of work. Not only did I have to figure out the concept and build the site but I also have to do all the social media marketing on it which is very time consuming, create a list of American companies to contact and extend the invitation to for adding their products, get at least a starting list of retailers to choose from for those companies to choose from etc.. etc..

It's been a very time consuming process. Can it fail? You betcha. In fact I am amazed that something like this is so hard to get any kind of social media traction yet a video of someone's dog licking its own ass can get 100000 shares and likes. I can't fix everything but I can try to do something.

You need to post this up on garagejournal. Those guys freak out over stuff like this.

Unfortunately I am only 1 person.. between working on client's sites, facebook, and now a blogger blog through Google Plus in addition to building this site I have only so much time for everything. I have a hit list.. I'll add your suggestion to the list but i don't know when I can get to it. That's pretty much the reason for posting it up where I can.. so other people can post it in places they know of. I'd like to see social media be effective for something other than a funny video of a guy getting hit in the nuts with a bowling ball.

Re: Re: A wheeler trying to make a difference. YankeeDoodle.US

Naughty Finger, I LOVE your idea & what you're doing. It drives me nuts as well when it seems like I can't find anything made in the U.S. anymore, much less anything not made in China. I am a small fry compared to you when it comes to Web design since a friend of mine & I only do it on the side. We have an "American" driven outdoor site. I have a lot of respect for what you are doing. We'll definitely be checking out your site & checking for updates.

Right on sir!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk