• Help Support Hardline Crawlers :

Acadia National Park Climbs - Maine

BustedKnucklefilms

Me and the wife made the trip up to Maine to do a different kind of rock climbing. We went to the Acadia National Park and did some awesome hiking/climbing trails. You basically climb up a rock mountain side with metal rebar epoxied into the rock for steps and grips.
There are two world renown trails there Beehive and Precipus. Both are as sketchy as they are awesome.

Here is a short gopro vid of our climb up Beehive probably the most beautiful hike I have ever done.
EXPLORE BEEHIVE TRAIL Acadia National Park

Nice, thanks for sharing. What else did yall do/see while you were there? I'm looking forward to making a trip up there.
We're headed to Zion NP next yr and plan on completing the Angels Landing trail.

TBItoy said:
I think the rebar handles would freak me out more than just climbing the rocks themselves :****:

They had an entire crew of people that maintain the trails. the rebar is set in place with construction grade epoxy. There were some sketchy broke rungs over on the precipice trail though (the one people die on) We did it the next day. Ill get it edited and posted up.

That was freakin' awesome! Views were amazing.
Not quite sure my fear of heights would let me do it though. :****: ...or the fact that I'm a fat ass! ;D
Way cool video! :dblthumb:

Re:

Is there another trail to go back down? I feel like climbing back down would be the sketchy part.

I wonder how they got the rebar in there, it would be a bitch to get a hammer drill up there and it would have to be cordless and take a **** ton of batteries.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

awesome vid and thanks for sharing. looks like the wife did really well too.

wish we had stuff like that around here. stupid Midwest

should be cool to see the other one as well. :dblthumb:

Re:

onepieceatatime said:
Is there another trail to go back down? I feel like climbing back down would be the sketchy part.

I wonder how they got the rebar in there, it would be a bitch to get a hammer drill up there and it would have to be cordless and take a **** ton of batteries.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

It was a loop, so you came back down the backside of the mountain which was gradual. Going back down that climb would be interesting!

1tfrot said:
awesome vid and thanks for sharing. looks like the wife did really well too.

wish we had stuff like that around here. stupid Midwest

should be cool to see the other one as well. :dblthumb:

After she gets done telling me that she is turning around and that she hates me, I get her far enough up the trail that climbing back down isn't an option lol. I talked her into climbing this one twice. Thus the cloudy videos and the ones with the sun shining= two different days.
Getting her to climb Precipice was a tough negotiation HA. But She is a Badass and the rush of accomplishment when she conquers something she didn't think she could climb makes it all worth it.